[Resolved] UDK Crashes When Playing Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Resolved] UDK Crashes When Playing Level

Whenever I pick "Play From Here" or "Play From PC", it crashes. Usually it will give me a windows error report and close the program. One time it has given me the blue screen and the main cause is nv4_disp.dll. Now I'm here.

I can play a completely blank level with no crash, but when I load something, even the smallest map (ExampleMap i think), it will crash when I play it.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 and Windows XP.

EDIT: I fixed it, all I had to do was "Build All" and it was playable with no crashing. It's still glitchy because my computer only has one processor and can't render all the objects on the screen at the same time. I'm running a server so if I shut that off, it should be good.

Can you post your log here?

The log can be found here: UDK\UDK-2009-11\UTGame\Logs\Launch.log

Does the game crash when not going through the editor?

Comment

Yes, if it opens up a new window to play the game, it will still crash. I was actually able to load the UTStart (or something like that), and play it. It was a menu with quick match and multiplayer, so I picked quick match, then ExampleMap, set the options, etc.. It crashed when I clicked "Start".

This is where it ends.
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildLighting.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildPaths.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildCoverNodes.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildAll.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary
      This is my whole log.
      Log: Log file open, 11/06/09 11:22:24
      Init: Version: 5860
      Init: Epic Internal: 0
      Init: Compiled (32-bit): Oct 30 2009 13:20:02
      Init: Changelist: 390428
      Init: Command line: editor -DEFENGINEINI=..\..\UTGame\Config\DefaultEngineUDK. ini
      Init: Base directory: C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\
      Init: Character set: Unicode
      Init: Computer: GREGORY
      Init: User: Greg
      Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=2
      Init: High frequency timer resolution =2793.160000 MHz
      Init: Memory total: Physical=1.0GB Pagefile=2.4GB Virtual=2.0GB
      Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
      Init: WinSock: I am Gregory (172.16.1.37:0)
      Init: Presizing for 0 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
      Init: Object subsystem initialized
      Log: Last hardware survey: Ver=-1, Date=0. Uploading again.
      Log: Initializing FaceFX...
      Log: FaceFX initialized:
      Log: version : 1.7.3.1
      Log: licensee: Unreal Engine 3 Licensee
      Log: project : Unreal Engine 3 Project
      Log: FHttpDownload resolve complete
      Log: Successfully upload UDK hardware survey to http://udkprofiler.epicgames.com/Pos...eyHandler.ashx in 53.87 seconds.
      Log: ... Loaded 176 shaders (0 legacy, 0 redundant)
      Log: ... Loaded 11610 shaders (0 legacy, 0 redundant)
      Log: Shader cache for RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3 contains 738 materials (0 redundant)
      Log: 83150 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.
      Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
      Log: Supported Consoles:
      Log: PC
      Log: Initializing Engine...
      Log: Encountered missing default brush - spawning new one
      Init: UEngine initialized
      Init: Transaction tracking system initialized
      Init: Using 'SB X-Fi Audio [CCE0]' : 2 channels at 44.1 kHz using 16 bits per sample
      Log: XAudio2Device: Allocated 32 sources
      Log: XAudio2Device: CommonAudioPoolSize is set to 0 - disabling persistent pool for audio data
      Init: XAudio2Device initialized.
      Init: Client initialized
      Init: Editor engine initialized
      Log: Initializing Engine Completed
      Log: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Initial startup: 102.78s <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
      Cmd: MODE MAPEXT=udk
      Log: GameAssetDatabase: Checkpoint file name: ..\..\UTGame\Content\GameAssetDatabase.checkpoint
      Log: GameAssetDatabase: Existing checkpoint file contains timestamp: 10/30/2009 1:39:20 PM.
      Log: GameAssetDatabase: Loaded 4046 assets, 5216 tags/collections (445 in use) from the checkpoint file.
      Log: GameAssetDatabase: Loading journal entries from the journal file.
      Log: GameAssetDatabase: Loaded 0 journal entries from the journal file.
      Log: GameAssetDatabase: Merged 0 journal entries (including server entries newer than 10/30/2009 1:39:20 PM.)
      Log: GameAssetDatabase: Game asset database loaded a total of 4046 assets, 445 tags and 5216 persistent tags.
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Camera.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Camera.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Geometry.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Geometry.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_TerrainMode.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_TerrainMode.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_TextureMode.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_TextureMode.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_MeshPaintMode.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_MeshPaintMode.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_StaticMeshMode.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_StaticMeshMode.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Box.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Cone.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_CurvedStairs.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Cylinder.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Staircase.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Sheet.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_SpiralStairs.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Sphere.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Volumetric.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Add.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Subtract.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Intersect.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_Deintersect.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_AddSpecial.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_AddVolume.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_ShowSelected.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_HideSelected.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_InvertSelection.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\Btn_ShowAll.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildGeometry.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildLighting.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildPaths.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildCoverNodes.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture2D with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\..\..\Engine\EditorResources\wxr es\BuildAll.tga)
      Log: FactoryCreateBinary

Comment

I noticed it says [Resolved] at the top of this thread and I am having the same issue. I was wondering what the solution was.

Comment

Working...
        X