Is this something UT3 TC's should use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this something UT3 TC's should use?

Is the UDK strictly for people who intend to make full blown games, or is it also more support for Unreal modders? It looks like it has abunch of great new additions, and you feature The Ball, however some important things are missing such as a multiplayer browser.

Is it best for UT3 TC mods such as Renegade X, Warm Gun and all of them to stick with UT3 or would a switch to the UDK be more beneficial?

It's entirely up to the project. The demo game does feature what appears to be a working example of a server browser. Bear in mind though, that porting mods comes with a cost of not being able to use UT3 content.

Comment

The demo only uses LAN from what I understand. GameSpy runs the server browser for UT3, I don't think they took any part in the UDK.

Are we allowed to use the UT3 demo content that came with it?

Comment

UDK indeed doesn't contain anything GameSpy related. In terms of a fully fledged server browser with all the bells and whistles, this you'd need to implement yourself.

You can use the demo content, only non-commercially, as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Working...
        X