Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to put custom packages and scripts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to put custom packages and scripts?

I have custom scripts, packages and config files from a project I made last Spring. I'm trying to import said project to UDK, but I don't know how the folder structure works for UDK if I want to make it into a standalone- in essence, where do things go?

At the moment it appears that UTGame must exist within the UDK directory so either put everything in the UTGame directories or you can alternatively create your own UTGame like directory and point the UTGame config files accordingly.

Comment

Awesome. Copying my massive project folder there now, haha... Thanks!

Comment

No problems, glad I could help. Let me know how you get on, and if you run into any problems.

Comment

Mm, it doesn't seem to be finding my art assets. I had set the UT3 setup so that the project existed in /MyGames/UnrealTournament3/ClockWork, and that worked fine, although I needed custom shortcuts to get that to work right. I tried copying that same ClockWork folder to C:/UDK/ but my art assets don't seem to follow, and I'm guessing the scripts/configs aren't either. Am I missing something?

Comment

Are these UT3 content packages? Can you actually open them in UDK? It is a different engine build, after all.

Comment

I don't know about the scripts and custom classes/gametypes I built, but I can open the maps and art packages if I import them.

Comment

For where to put scripts, check out http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Devel...ogramming.html

Comment

Well, it seems to be compiling my scripts, at least; but the map seems to have lost connection with the packages, as UDK's not finding them when I open the map.

Comment

Working...
                  X