Whats new in the UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats new in the UDK?

Hey guys, I think it would be cool to know what tools have been added to this that were not included in Unreal Tournament.

If anyone knows what has been added and what it does, list it here!

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Devel...radeNotes.html

Comment

Very cool that they incorporated GDC 2009 additions into it .

Comment

Originally posted by Jovan View Post
        Very cool that they incorporated GDC 2009 additions into it .
        Aye...wasn't aware of MCP until I saw that video...I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to analyzing gameplay data. And yes, I do enjoy fantasy sports.

Comment

stranj's fav new features after staying up till 5am to explore - - -

COPY AND PASTE IN THE ANIMTREE ED! (and after setting up approx 30 vehicles, some with up to 40 animtree nodes, this is a hugely appreciated new feature!)

drag n drop mats onto staticmeshes

mesh paint sending vertcolor data to vertcolor nodes in mats! TEH POWER!

worldposition node in mat editor (automatic randomness!)

lightmass (and its low-quality preview settings)

Simplify Mesh tool for automatic lodding!

Fracture Mesh tool for automatic making-things-destructible-ness (srsly guys that is my all time fav feature, ive just set up a 4 storey building mesh in 5 minutes and had immense fun reducing it to rubble)

multicore usage!

texture impot now what, 5x quicker? (2 mins to import a 2048x was soul-destroying)

editor not crashing every half hour!

editor not eating my computer alive!

Comment

Go to an outdoor map. Check out the way they use their "DominantDirectionalLight."

Now marvel at how you can now throw insane shadow detail over EVERYTHING, even if the receiving surface has a low polycount or tiny lightmap with little performance hit.

As far as I'm concerned this one is magic.

Comment

Yeah, it's one of my favourites alright

Comment

Wait... is that a soft, dynamic shadow or is all of that occurring in the lightmaps?

Comment

I think it's lightmap

Comment

Originally posted by strangelet View Post
                    stranj's fav new features after staying up till 5am to explore - - -

COPY AND PASTE IN THE ANIMTREE ED! (and after setting up approx 30 vehicles, some with up to 40 animtree nodes, this is a hugely appreciated new feature!)
                    You could always do this really. You just had to use the old Ctrl+W to duplicate instead of Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Not intuitive to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by obsolete View Post
                      Aye...wasn't aware of MCP until I saw that video...I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to analyzing gameplay data. And yes, I do enjoy fantasy sports.
                      I'm not sure that MCP was included. I've looked for it, but I couldn't find it.

Comment

Working...
                      X