(UDK) Editor Crashes When Clicking Fuly Load Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(UDK) Editor Crashes When Clicking Fuly Load Package

Hello, I really need some help to access 8 months hard work that is currently locked away in a .upk package.

My old laptop is broken, and I always keep backups of my work but cannot load my package on my new computer. I really hope my game isn't lost forever!

I even made a screenshot of the UDK version and changelist number so I'm sure this is the right version. UDK-2013-07 (64-Bit, DX9) (Version 10907, Changelist 1715227).

Package is in content folder and it appears in the UDK content browser, but without any assets. Then I click (Fully Load) and the Editor always hangs for about 30 seconds then crashes.

I will be so grateful if someone can save my game? Here is the log file.

Log: Log file open, 12/05/14 18:20:52
    Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
    DevConfig: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\..\Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables.ini
    Init: Version: 10907
    Init: Epic Internal: 0
    Init: Compiled (64-bit): Jul 1 2013 15:03:50
    Init: Changelist: 1715227
    Init: Command line: editor
    Init: Base directory: C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\
    [0000.66] Init: Computer: RYAN-PC
    [0000.66] Init: User: ryan
    [0000.66] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=8
    [0000.66] Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.312661 MHz
    [0000.66] Init: Memory total: Physical=16.0GB (16GB approx) Pagefile=18.3GB Virtual=131072.0GB
    [0000.66] Log: Steam Client API Disabled!
    [0000.80] Init: WinSock: I am Ryan-PC (192.168.0.9:0)
    [0000.80] Init: Presizing for 0 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
    [0000.80] Init: Object subsystem initialized
    [0001.16] Log: SystemSettings based on: SystemSettings
    [0001.16] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 0: AMD Radeon R9 270
    [0001.16] Log: Adapter has 2022MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 7936MB of shared system memory
    [0001.17] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 1: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    [0001.17] Log: Adapter has 0MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 256MB of shared system memory
    [0001.18] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
    [0001.43] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
    [0001.43] Init: Initializing FaceFX...
    [0001.43] Init: FaceFX 1.7.4 initialized.
    [0002.45] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.63] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.64] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.64] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.65] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.65] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.67] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.68] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.69] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.71] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.71] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.72] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0002.73] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0003.82] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0003.82] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0007.23] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0007.26] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0007.27] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0010.75] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.12] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.15] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.31] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.62] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.63] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.66] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.66] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.67] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.67] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.68] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.79] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.79] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.80] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0011.92] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0012.07] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0012.12] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0012.12] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0014.04] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0015.88] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0015.88] Warning: Failed to load 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial': Failed to find object 'MaterialInterface EngineMaterials.DefaultMaterial'
    [0017.99] Init: Finished loading startup packages in 16.45 seconds
    [0018.00] Log: 88447 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.
    [0018.00] Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
    [0018.98] Log: Supported Consoles:
    [0018.98] Log: IPhone
    [0018.98] Log: Mac
    [0018.98] Log: PC
    [0018.98] Log: Initializing Engine...
    [0019.22] Warning: Failed to load 'Font UI_Fonts_Final.HUD.MF_Medium': Failed to find object 'Font UI_Fonts_Final.HUD.MF_Medium'
    [0019.22] Warning: Failed to load 'Font UI_Fonts_Final.HUD.MF_Large': Failed to find object 'Font UI_Fonts_Final.HUD.MF_Large'
    [0019.22] Warning: Failed to load 'Font UI_Fonts_Final.HUD.MF_Medium': Failed to find object 'Font UI_Fonts_Final.HUD.MF_Medium'
    [0019.41] Log: Encountered missing default brush - spawning new one
    [0019.41] Init: UEngine initialized
    [0019.41] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
    [0019.41] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
    [0019.71] Init: Transaction tracking system initialized
    [0019.73] Log: Can't find edit package 'OnlineSubsystemGameSpy'
    [0019.73] Log: Can't find edit package 'OnlineSubsystemLive'
    [0042.23] Log: Missing cached shader map for material Laser_Mat_Red, quality 0, compiling.
    [0045.70] Log: Missing cached shader map for material Laser_Mat_Green, quality 0, compiling.
    [0048.70] Log: Missing cached shader map for material Alien5, quality 0, compiling.
    [0049.76] Log: Missing cached shader map for material Alien_Mantis, quality 0, compiling.
    [0050.82] Log: Missing cached shader map for material AlienSpecial1, quality 0, compiling.
    [0052.64] Log: Missing cached shader map for material AlienSpecial2, quality 0, compiling.
    [0054.48] Log: Missing cached shader map for material AlienSpecial3, quality 0, compiling.
    [0056.30] Log: Missing cached shader map for material crawler_Mantis, quality 0, compiling.
    [0057.38] Log: Missing cached shader map for material lazer, quality 0, compiling.
    [0057.38] Critical: appError called: Unknown material blend mode: 9
    [0057.38] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
    [0065.82] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Unknown material blend mode: 9

Address = 0x48dd606c (filename not found) [in C:\windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]
    Address = 0xed9f91b5 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xed9b6116 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xedb874d3 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xee1f193f (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xee1f1afd (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xee1fa9bc (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xedb9c4d3 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xedb9c6b2 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xedb9c7a9 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xedb853a7 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xedb86b7b (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xedb65d76 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xedb6611e (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xed9f2b9a (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xed9f3ae3 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xee9ea006 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xeeb2acf1 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xeeee82da (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xeeee95d8 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xeeb25d0a (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x15fdc05 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\wxmsw28u_vc_custom_64.d ll]
    Address = 0x800d6cc4 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom _64.dll]
    Address = 0xeeeede9b (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xeeeedf5a (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xcde31654 (filename not found)
    Address = 0xcdde1ee8 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x2d3d225a (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\cl r.dll]
    Address = 0xcde311ce (filename not found)
    Address = 0xff1ce4 (filename not found)
    Address = 0xed770000 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xed770000 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]

I would try out a newer version of UDK say Feb 2014 and see if you get the same crash...

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I have also tried both UDK-2014-02 and UDK-2014-08 but they still have the same issue...

Comment

Tricky problem... If I was stuck with this issue myself I might try some of these approaches:

1. Make an in-game editor reference to one of the assets in the UPK before you do a full load... What happens?
        2. Cook / Package the game, are the assets visible in the packaged version?

3. Long shots:
        Go back. Try even older version of UDK ...
        Try Mac version of UDK...
        Try Linux running Wine....
        Try a different flavor of Windows...

Comment

Hi, thanks again (really appreciated) I can open the editor if I remove the game.u file, then UDK doesn't try to make references to the package on start-up.

This is what happens when opening the editor with the game.u file:

Compiling shaders for materials (all seems fine, and I can see the names of my assets loading)
          Processing objects referenced by: Loaded Packages (crashes every time)

I will try a few of the long shots you mentioned above, I'm using Windows 8.1 but I made the package on Windows 7...

Comment

UDK is crashing on startup even before clicking 'fully load'???
            Just a thought, but I would test using the 32-bit version of UDK too if that's possible....

Comment

Good idea, no joy unfortunately.

I think it might have something to do with my models or particles in the package. There was another package on my old laptop that I moved things into that I wasn't using, so if some of these assets are still looking for materials or textures that are not there anymore, would that cause UDK to crash?

If we look at the log file near the end it says:

[0056.30] Log: Missing cached shader map for material crawler_Mantis, quality 0, compiling.
              [0057.38] Log: Missing cached shader map for material lazer, quality 0, compiling.
              [0057.38] Critical: appError called: Unknown material blend mode: 9
              [0057.38] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
              [0065.82] Log: === Critical error: ===
              Unknown material blend mode: 9

Comment

Yes, that's caused UDK to crash on me before...

Comment

Looks like I might have to try and manually extract the assets from the package and reload them all separately then.

Any ideas on a good extractor to use that comes with instructions?

Comment

Any help coming?
                    It just seems like UDK is not worth the risk, 8 months work for nothing! I put my life into that game and I know you developers understand what I'm talking about!
                    Anyone know how I can open this package?

Comment

I hear you, but the Reporting issues thread may not get a lot of readers, certainly not from Epic. So try re-posting this in one of the General topics... But first can I suggest you do an exhaustive search using the advanced search... For example look for info regarding extracting assets from 3rd party UPK's, so not just asset crashes but also migrating assets....

Comment

Working...
                      X