• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    That's disturbing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well I was doing a private round of testing of my game and only one guy (Neongho, actually) reported these strange crashes.
    a few months later my nvidia GTX 560Ti died and I bought a new nvidia GTX 970 (and no other piece of hardware or software changed), and in there I got the same crashes so I'm 100% sure it's graphics-card related

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The crashes in 32 bits disappeared in the last two updates of UDK. I guess it was a problem of UDK.

Chosker, I'm ussing bUseCompartment, but I haven't any problem with this in any machine. I have tested with a 240 GT, a 9800, 750 GT and 660 Ti. All from Nvidia, the problem is with AMD or Intel cards?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks Chosker.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well I'm pretty sure states cannot have local variables
    (put them inside BeginState)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ive traced mine to my attempt at passing the ammo count to my playercontroller.

Code:
    simulated state WeaponPuttingDown
    {
          ///local int ammocountak;
          ///local int clipcountak;

simulated event BeginState(Name PreviousStateName)
         {
            ///ammocountak=ammocount;
            ///clipcountak=clipcount;

///boltonspc.displayak47(ammocountak,clipcountak);

laser.DeactivateSystem();
            LeaveZoom();
            ///PlayWeaponAnimation('WeaponZoomOut', 0.3);
            bWeaponPuttingDown = True;
            SetTimer(2.0, false);
            super.BeginState(PreviousStateName);
         }

simulated event EndState(Name NextStateName)
    	{
    	   bWeaponPuttingDown = False;
    	   super.EndState(NextStateName);
            }

}
    the first 5 commented out lines were the culprit.

I will sleep well tonight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think it's related to yours gaz661, but just in case for Cobalt,
    using bUseCompartment in mesh components causes a crash 100% of the time, when they get into the camera view. but only happens on certain graphics cards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its one of my weapons.i don't know which one yet.but I take all of them away and no more crash.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    overriding or altering the code did not work and neither did putting teamplayerstarts in the levels.

I removed all kismet from the 3 levels in the game and now I can start maps and return to the main menu as much as I want,i spent half an hour doing nothing else to make sure.

I still get the same warnings about player starts in the log but it exits fine.

so,i guess,i will put the kismet back 1 block at a time until it crahes again.maybe then I will find the answer.

thanks for the responses.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PlayerStart_1 is not a team playerstart!
    boltons_game_2 da-training.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.boltons_game_0
    Function UTGame.UTTeamGame:RatePlayerStart
    it is trying to find a team player start in UTTeamGame - RatePlayerStart()

2 things you could try if this is the reason for the crash
    set the team in the player starts, either 0 or 1
    or overide RatePlayerStart() and disable/delete the team related stuff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can rule out the steam part and the player start part of the log.the warnings are the same when the game does not crash,although very few of the hundreds of maps I have will exit to the main menu now.

ive tried dx11 and starting the game from the 64 bit exe to no avail.

im very confused.this only started happening just over a week ago on 1 map,all others were fine.but now if I open maps from 3 years ago,which share no assets or code,im getting the same crash.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ive been round and round in circles today and all I seem to have achieved was to make matters worse.

installing to the next version of udk I have did not work out well.after battling through over 40 errors(that shows how much the code changed between the 2 versions)I was left with over 1000 warnings,skeletal meshes were either black or invisible,amongst other stuff.

I then went back to my original install and made some changes I found on the internet and it did alter the way the game crashes but did not help.

I used the verbose command line and it does give a little more info in the log but nothing more about the actual crash,and now I cant turn off the verbose logging,even after uninstalling all udk versions and reinstalling my original version.

but at least im back to where I was yesterday and not any further up s**t creek.

Code:
    [0172.17] ScriptWarning: Invalid user index (255) specified for ClearReadProfileSettingsCompleteDelegate()
    	OnlineSubsystemSteamworks Transient.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks_0
    	Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:ClearReadProfileSettingsCompleteDelegate:00FE
    [0172.23] ScriptWarning: PlayerStart_1 is not a team playerstart!
    	Function UTGame.UTTeamGame:RatePlayerStart:0051
    [0172.23] ScriptWarning: PlayerStart_0 is not a team playerstart!
    	Function UTGame.UTTeamGame:RatePlayerStart:0051
    [0172.23] ScriptWarning: Player start not found, failed to restart player
    	Function Engine.GameInfo:RestartPlayer:025E
    [0177.28] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Fatal error!

Address = 0x2f744c   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x34a985   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x153f53d  (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x34e91c   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3a4190   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

I wonder if the steam part of the log is relevant?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks frankit,will check it out first thing in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Verbose?

Debugging Commands

VERBOSE – Outputs detailed information.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ConsoleCommands.html
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Comma...Arguments.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did a fresh install of the same udk version this morning and copied all the content over.same crash,so I guess the problem is in my stuff and not a udk thing.

I updated my graphics driver this morning too with no result.

at the moment im migrating all the meshes to UDK 10.12,the next oldest I have installed,and will move code over 1 at a time to see if I can isolate the problem.but that's an enormous job.

how do I make UDK log what happens during the crash,i know it can be done but cant find the relevant post now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X