Game crashing randomly in 32 bits, working perfect in 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game crashing randomly in 32 bits, working perfect in 64-bit

Hi, I'm using UDKlift editor in 64 bits, but when testing the game in 32 bits, it crash when loading some maps. But working perfect if the game runs in 64bits.

Crashes in 32b are random, but the most of the time crashes. Using the editor in 32 bits have the same problem, sometimes works, the most crashes.

The maps with problems have landscapes. One of then have 28 MB, and the other is bigger, 240 MB. I have 8 GB of ram, and checking the task manager, there are enought ram always.

I don't see nothing clear in the logs, the last line usually is "Log: --- LOADING MOVIE TIME: 2.97 sec ---".

I have some warnings that I don't know how to fix, like:

Code:
    [0003.60] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
    [0003.60] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class None.'

[0005.52] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'Profile'
    	UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData Transient.DataStoreClient_0:UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData_0
    	Function Engine.UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData:OnLoginChange:0134

[0005.53] Error: Can't start an online game that hasn't been created

[0005.79] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'Game'
    	TESTPlayerController tests.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.TESTPlayerController_0
    	Function utgame.UTPlayerController:CheckAutoObjective:0052

[0018.66] ScriptWarning: Invalid user index (255) specified for ClearReadProfileSettingsCompleteDelegate()
    	OnlineSubsystemSteamworks Transient.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks_0
    	Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:ClearReadProfileSettingsCompleteDelegate:00FE
    And this when the game is closed:
    Code:
    [0024.02] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'ViewportClient'
    	TESTPlayerController uedpietests.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.TESTPlayerController_0
    	Function utgame.UTPlayerController:Destroyed:0041
    but I think they have nothing to do with the crashes, because the game works with 64 bits with these warnings too.

Any idea about fix this?

did you find a solution for this?

I am experiencing almost the same thing but it only ever happens when I exit a level in 32bit game mode.it never happens during gameplay or in the editor.

it started last week on 1 map but is now happening on almost all maps.as it happens when I exit to the main menu I replaced my current menu with an older one,but it still happened.this kind of ruled out any flash stuff ive been adding lately to the main menu.

Code:
    [0122.23] ScriptWarning: Player start not found, failed to restart player
    	DAGame1 DA-boltons-arcade.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.DAGame1_0
    	Function Engine.GameInfo:RestartPlayer:025E
    [0128.12] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Fatal error!

Address = 0xcf0aa0   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xd0746a   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    this is a typical log after a crash.im assuming it cant find a player start in the main menu?

Comment

Can't say if this will help for your specific case Gaz661, but I've been seeing the same crash-on-quit-to-menu probs for a couple of years... In my game it has to do with large open-world levels, and a limit UDK has regarding meshes and complex collision. If I simplify collision on a series of complex meshes the problem disappears... So is it to do with memory / resources / garbage collection? I suspect so, but still don't know for sure....

Comment

the map that this first occurred on was the training level,which is a very small level and only this morning affected the main factory map,which is way,way bigger.

almost everything in all my levels use per poly collision and ive not had a problem like this before,and I ve not added any meshes to any map recently,so thanks for the suggestion but I think I can rule that out.

Comment

Mmmh, Do you have a second machine to test on? If not, a second separate install?

Comment

I did a fresh install of the same udk version this morning and copied all the content over.same crash,so I guess the problem is in my stuff and not a udk thing.

I updated my graphics driver this morning too with no result.

at the moment im migrating all the meshes to UDK 10.12,the next oldest I have installed,and will move code over 1 at a time to see if I can isolate the problem.but that's an enormous job.

how do I make UDK log what happens during the crash,i know it can be done but cant find the relevant post now.

Comment

Verbose?

Debugging Commands

VERBOSE – Outputs detailed information.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ConsoleCommands.html
              http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Comma...Arguments.html

Comment

thanks frankit,will check it out first thing in the morning.

Comment

ive been round and round in circles today and all I seem to have achieved was to make matters worse.

installing to the next version of udk I have did not work out well.after battling through over 40 errors(that shows how much the code changed between the 2 versions)I was left with over 1000 warnings,skeletal meshes were either black or invisible,amongst other stuff.

I then went back to my original install and made some changes I found on the internet and it did alter the way the game crashes but did not help.

I used the verbose command line and it does give a little more info in the log but nothing more about the actual crash,and now I cant turn off the verbose logging,even after uninstalling all udk versions and reinstalling my original version.

but at least im back to where I was yesterday and not any further up s**t creek.

Code:
                  [0172.17] ScriptWarning: Invalid user index (255) specified for ClearReadProfileSettingsCompleteDelegate()
                  	OnlineSubsystemSteamworks Transient.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks_0
                  	Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:ClearReadProfileSettingsCompleteDelegate:00FE
                  [0172.23] ScriptWarning: PlayerStart_1 is not a team playerstart!
                  	boltons_game_2 da-training.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.boltons_game_0
                  	Function UTGame.UTTeamGame:RatePlayerStart:0051
                  [0172.23] ScriptWarning: PlayerStart_0 is not a team playerstart!
                  	Function UTGame.UTTeamGame:RatePlayerStart:0051
                  [0172.23] ScriptWarning: Player start not found, failed to restart player
                  	Function Engine.GameInfo:RestartPlayer:025E
                  [0177.28] Log: === Critical error: ===
                  Fatal error!

Address = 0x2f744c   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                  Address = 0x34a985   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                  Address = 0x153f53d  (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                  Address = 0x34e91c   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                  Address = 0x3a4190   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-09\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

I wonder if the steam part of the log is relevant?

Comment

I can rule out the steam part and the player start part of the log.the warnings are the same when the game does not crash,although very few of the hundreds of maps I have will exit to the main menu now.

ive tried dx11 and starting the game from the 64 bit exe to no avail.

im very confused.this only started happening just over a week ago on 1 map,all others were fine.but now if I open maps from 3 years ago,which share no assets or code,im getting the same crash.

Comment

PlayerStart_1 is not a team playerstart!
                      Function UTGame.UTTeamGame:RatePlayerStart
                      it is trying to find a team player start in UTTeamGame - RatePlayerStart()

2 things you could try if this is the reason for the crash
                      set the team in the player starts, either 0 or 1
                      or overide RatePlayerStart() and disable/delete the team related stuff

Comment

overriding or altering the code did not work and neither did putting teamplayerstarts in the levels.

I removed all kismet from the 3 levels in the game and now I can start maps and return to the main menu as much as I want,i spent half an hour doing nothing else to make sure.

I still get the same warnings about player starts in the log but it exits fine.

so,i guess,i will put the kismet back 1 block at a time until it crahes again.maybe then I will find the answer.

thanks for the responses.

Comment

its one of my weapons.i don't know which one yet.but I take all of them away and no more crash.

Comment

I don't think it's related to yours gaz661, but just in case for Cobalt,
                            using bUseCompartment in mesh components causes a crash 100% of the time, when they get into the camera view. but only happens on certain graphics cards.

Comment

ive traced mine to my attempt at passing the ammo count to my playercontroller.

Code:
                              simulated state WeaponPuttingDown
                              {
                                    ///local int ammocountak;
                                    ///local int clipcountak;

simulated event BeginState(Name PreviousStateName)
                                   {
                                      ///ammocountak=ammocount;
                                      ///clipcountak=clipcount;

///boltonspc.displayak47(ammocountak,clipcountak);

laser.DeactivateSystem();
                                      LeaveZoom();
                                      ///PlayWeaponAnimation('WeaponZoomOut', 0.3);
                                      bWeaponPuttingDown = True;
                                      SetTimer(2.0, false);
                                      super.BeginState(PreviousStateName);
                                   }

simulated event EndState(Name NextStateName)
                              	{
                              	   bWeaponPuttingDown = False;
                              	   super.EndState(NextStateName);
                                      }

}
                              the first 5 commented out lines were the culprit.

I will sleep well tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X