Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Multiplayer Issues

Hi,

I'm currently working on a research project about improving Non Playable Characters within Games and I have reached the multiplayer stage. I've been able to create a server and get multiple clients to connect to the server if the clients are on the same machine. However if I try to load a client from another machine, the client fails to load the game. What's interesting is that the server output does recognise that a new client has connected (by its different IP address), but the client itself fails to load the map.

The contents of the .bat server file:

E:\UDK\UDK-2013-07\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe server npc_map_show_50_c_2npcs?Game=NPCGame.NPCGame?dedic ated=true -log

I also try listen=true, bIsLanMatch=true.

The contents of the .bat client file:

C:\UDK\UDK-2013-07\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe 10.1.1.4 -log

I've already opened port 7777
    Shutdown both firewalls and anti-virus programs
    I run on a wireless network, but also try it with a single LAN cable between both machines.

Also I've removed the UnSetup.Game.xml file, as I was having problems with that, and the client doesn't need the maps to be cooked.

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Justin.

You have to have the identical version on Both machines, so you'll propably need to bake. And then, whenever you make a change, just overwritr the change on Both machines without cooking again.

Comment

Working...
    X