Name:	swarm_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	3253679Click image for larger version

Name:	swarm_02.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	3253680
    Whenever i want to build lighting swarm agent freezes and I cant even turn it off. I have to use task manager.
    I have never had this problem until i bought a new graphic card.

Used to have Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTx now I have radeon sapphire hd 7790 1GB

I tried to reinstal UDK and build a new very simple level with builder brush and light point only.

What should I do? Thanks!

-Do you probably have 2 graphic cards in your pc? e.g I have a nvidia geforce gtx660 ti and one thats one my board -> I always have to change it in the Nividia Control Center
    -open UDK with admin rights
    -let UDK/Swarm Agent crash and take a look at the LOG file
    -let the swarm agent run for a while without clicking into the editor -> so the best would be to just go aways from the pc and let him working

Comment

my system: i5-2599, 3.3ghz 4gb ram, Win7 32bit, Nvidia GTX 560 Ti UDK Version:10907, Changelist: 1715227 using DX9

Also I have a similar problem, sometimes, but not always. Build begins and freezes - I got used to that now. I close UDK (from the taskbar because it froze) restart UDK and Build works ok.

I've been wondering also if many of my problems aren't my video card as fighter5347 seems to be saying.

Comment

Also I have a similar problem
        I also have this problem...sometimes...I solve it the same way as Snipe34...I do not believe it is my video card...My system is up for the challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by Monkfish View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]14380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14381[/ATTACH]
          Whenever i want to build lighting swarm agent freezes and I cant even turn it off. I have to use task manager.
          I have never had this problem until i bought a new graphic card.

Used to have Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTx now I have radeon sapphire hd 7790 1GB

I tried to reinstal UDK and build a new very simple level with builder brush and light point only.

What should I do? Thanks!
          I have the exact problem and also have to use the task manager to get out of the freeze ONE HINT ALWAYS SAVE YOUR WORK BEFORE RUNNING SWARM

Comment

Hi there guys thanks for reply.
            I have only one graphic card and running it with admin rights didnt help.. UDK wount even crash its still froozen. Turning it off and on is not helping. I can build map only without using lightmass but thats not so sexy.
            Any other ideas?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	agent_log.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	3250149
              I have also found this in UDK/Binaries/SwarmCache/Logs

Comment

where did you find the swarm cache

Comment

Originally posted by derpydad View Post
                  where did you find the swarm cache
                  "I have also found this in UDK/Binaries/SwarmCache/Logs "

Comment

OK boys got some new info about this problem.. Its funny but in the end my dad fixed the problem.. just instaled the latest graphics drivers

Thanks for your help anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X