Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 3 game only supporting 4 cores

Hello,

I thought UE3 was supposed to take advantage of all cores? Despite upgrading my graphics card and tweaking my .ini to squeeze out every last drop of performance, I still get lag spikes and lower than expected fps. This does not happen to me with any other game. I am playing AA:PG here. 'm pretty sure that the game is just poorly optimized. If anyone has any suggestions or fixes, please let me know. Thanks!

Here's my setup:

Radeon HD7870
    AMD FX 8150 8-Core processor @3.78Ghz
    8GB G-skill DDR3
    74GB Intel SSD

IMO not the Engines fault
    It's because of the specific of bulldozer architecture

2xCores = 1 module
    and those cores cannot be called Cores it's just cores
    they can act like Cores in specific software but in those that not optimized for this architecture they act like 1 module = 1 Core

Comment

Originally posted by oRmKalessiN View Post
      IMO not the Engines fault
      It's because of the specific of bulldozer architecture

2xCores = 1 module
      and those cores cannot be called Cores it's just cores
      they can act like Cores in specific software but in those that not optimized for this architecture they act like 1 module = 1 Core
      I am sorry but I have no idea what you just said. Could you please rephrase?

Comment

It's your processor architecture - it doesn't actually have eight proper 'cores' in the same way as recent multi-core processors do. Instead it has four sets of modules, and each module can in some cases behave as if it were two cores. In this case, it's not able to work that way, so it's functioning like a normal quad core.

Comment

Working...
        X