Help: Bat file error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Bat file error?

Adding -log to the end of the batch file makes it so I can see the log as it happens, but no logging is happening and the game goes into play mode. I'll add pictures to better explain.

//Bat file
    C:\UDK\UDK-AwesomeGame\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe AwesomeTestMap?GoalS
    core=0?TimeLimit=0?Game=AwesomeGame.AwesomeGame -log

Make sure all the punctuation is correct, there are only two spaces after UDK.
    exe and before -log. If you've installed the UDK in a different location or under a
    different name, be sure to write down your correct path to UDK.exe. This file is also
    included with the book if you're unsure of the format. Once again remember that
    the first part of AwesomeGame.AwesomeGame refers to the name of the .u file you
    have compiled.
    Attached Files

The log doesn't go in the CMD window, it goes in a seperate window.

I'm not convinced it will work through a .bat. Why aren't you just using a shortcut?

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
      The log doesn't go in the CMD window, it goes in a seperate window.

I'm not convinced it will work through a .bat. Why aren't you just using a shortcut?
      Using a .bat file shouldn't be a problem, though it might end up opening two command windows (one for the batch command, one for the log).

If you're looking for an actual log file, you can use a batch file to force-create a log file by using the '>' operator.

eg. "[filepath]\UDK.exe [options] -log > C:\MyLog.txt" will capture all of the log window output and write it to the text file "MyLog.txt" located at the root of your C:\ drive.

Comment

How can I do it through the editor? Do I just make the AwesomeGame class placeable and insert it into my AwesomeTestMap?

class AwesomeGame extends UTDeathmatch
        placeable;

defaultproperties
        {
        PlayerControllerClass=class'AwesomeGame.AwesomePla yerController'
        }

Comment

Working...
        X