kismet often lose connection within nodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kismet often lose connection within nodes

After i save all,i start the game.Then I found kismet is wrong.I reopen the kismet,some connection lost.It seems to happen when there are matinee.I make some subsequences which contain matinee.And i copyed them to use them in the kismet.Too often to lose the connection!

I can confirm that!

I am using the July 2013 version and while following a tutorial for kismet I often loose connection and that hapean in a very strange way. first I find the vehicle player does not want to move so I go to kismet to check and I see all connections are set but when I restart UDK and open kismet again I see the problem, a missing connection to sub sequence !!! it is a horror show really.

In addition to that today I lost matinee animation to one of the enemy vehicle !! the movement track is there and the keys but just no path and no animation!! when I checked I found the external object connection is lost to a sub sequence that contain matinee. also this link appear connected first then suddenly it was disconnected!!.

I am still at the beginning to learn kismet and I feel frustrated about that please fix these problems.

Comment

If you rename a sub-sequence, external variables linked to it (on the parent level) will disconnect (after you enter the sub-sequence then return to parent level).
      If you paste content into a sub-sequence, external variables referenced in the pasted part will disconnect and may also scramble other external variable links to the same sub-sequence.
      So, use external variables cautiously.

Comment

Originally posted by tomacmuni View Post
        If you rename a sub-sequence, external variables linked to it (on the parent level) will disconnect (after you enter the sub-sequence then return to parent level).
        If you paste content into a sub-sequence, external variables referenced in the pasted part will disconnect and may also scramble other external variable links to the same sub-sequence.
        So, use external variables cautiously.
        That was not the case at all however thanks for advices.

Comment

I have the same situation! Actually I spending 40% time for repairing connections! It's very frustrated...

Comment

Originally posted by x-tremer View Post
            I have the same situation! Actually I spending 40% time for repairing connections! It's very frustrated...
            I can confirm this and it's very annoying since I have a high amount of subsequences in my Kismet code. Has anyone seen this problem in installer versions? (standalone demos)

When will this be fixed?

Comment

Sometimes Kismet even lost key in the matinee.For example,toggle particle.It happens when copying the subsequence.

Comment

Working...
              X