• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2013 UDK Beta crash on PCServer Cooking

Hi everyone,

Just downloaded July 2013 UDK Beta, tried to run:

Code:
    UDK.exe CookPackages -platform=PCServer DM-Deck.udk -full -multilanguagecook=INT
    and I got this crash: http://pastebin.com/V8QfKXsS

Are you guys already aware of this, or do you need any additional information from my system?

Comment

Possible reasons for your critical error crash.

Originally posted by rvc View Post
      Hi everyone,
      Just downloaded July 2013 UDK Beta, tried to run:
      Originally posted by CODE
      UDK.exe CookPackages -platform=PCServer DM-Deck.udk -full -multilanguagecook=INT
      and I got this crash: http://pastebin.com/V8QfKXsS
      Curiously enough, why would you try to recook one of the default maps? Did you change it? Which is actually a nono in almost any SDK release, while I could see maybe renaming it to something else - but as you can see in the log most all the default map content has 'NeverCook' flags on it, because it's already been cooked to be included in the UDK release.
      Especially since creating new content with the same names as default content might easily confuse the engine when trying to run it, possibly using the default content instead of what you created.

When the editor starts, if it requests to rebuild the content database - you should let it, to be sure all content you have added gets put into the list of resources to be used for running and cooking content, which could be the issue here because of the log entries for 'filename not found'. There is also a commandline switch to force a database update, and as always - make sure to have the latest compatible video drivers.

I'm no expert, but it seems pretty straight forward - since most mappers make their own maps and content to play with in UDK.

On the other hand, if you have already figured this out - then simply disregard this post!

Comment

Working...
      X