UDK crashes a few seconds after start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK crashes a few seconds after start up

So, I have used UDK quite extensivly in the past, but just recently I have tried creating a new level but UDK always crashes. I have updated my drivers and uninstalled and re-installed UDK but to no avail. Here is the crash log.

Rendering thread exception:
    Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\depot\unrealengine3-udk\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 575]

Stack: Address = 0x3fa14e79 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3ff37f60 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4032a148 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4032fe1a (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x402d3018 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x402dc3f8 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4030a0f4 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4030a604 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4030ae8d (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3fc5b0dc (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3fc5b349 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3fa6aff0 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x778e652d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.dll]
    Address = 0x77a1c521 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

Address = 0xfcdd9e5d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]
    Address = 0x3fa591b5 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3fa16116 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3fa14eec (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3ff37f60 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4032a148 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4032fe1a (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x402d3018 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x402dc3f8 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4030a0f4 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4030a604 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4030ae8d (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3fc5b0dc (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3fc5b349 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x3fa6aff0 (filename not found) [in D:\UDK\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x778e652d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.dll]
    If anyone can help me that would be awesome.

-Have you started UDK with admin rights?
    -Could you post your whole log? Because the upper part is missing.
    -

Comment

What sort of specs does your computer have?

Comment

Intel Core i7 740QM 1.73GHz
        Nvidia Geforce GTX 460M 1.5 gigs
        8 gigs of ram
        tons of HDD space

Comment

I have tried starting with admin rights

And that is all I get when I paste into notebook right after crash

Comment

Do you have 2 graphic cards in your laptop? When yes, then go into the Nvidia Control Panel - Manage 3d Settings - choose the high-performance processor instead of automatic

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimiant View Post
              Intel Core i7 740QM 1.73GHz
              Nvidia Geforce GTX 460M 1.5 gigs
              8 gigs of ram
              tons of HDD space
              I'm not convinced you'd be able to start UDK with such a poor processor, as it doesn't even reach the minimum requirements.

No offense, but that processor is utter trash, you're wasting everything else on your PC as it's bottlenecking your system.

Comment

I know I hate my processor but I have run udk on it quite well in the past. I did most of my portfolio on it too. Just started it back up after not using it and was confronted with these crashes :/

Comment

@Ultimiant: I too have this issue called "Rendering Thread Exception". In addition to that it also says this: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

But for me the editor never crashed. It was the Game. Whenever i exit, the game crashed at random times with this exception. Am using February 2013 BETA1 Build.

NOTE: When i started UDK the next day it seems this is gone. So i guess in your case a computer restart might get it working.

Comment

This isn't a rendering issue, it's an array out of bounds issue.

Simply put, this is a bug somewhere in the native binary. I don't know what you could do to fix it, though it is possible it's root cause is your Unrealscript code?

Comment

Hi,
                      I have read on various gaming sites that some people have been having problems with the latest set of Nvidia drivers (I.E. 320.xx) in their video game programs. You might try backdating your driver to the 314.xx driver and see if your problem still exists. As to why some people have problems and other don't with the drivers is a mystery to me. I know that the 320.49 driver is working well with my 2G GT-640 video card.

Comment

Working...
                      X