Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Production Build No Lights/Materials

Hi Everyone,

I have spent hours doing various tutorials and working on my very first, and yes simple level.

While working on my level with just two lights, a wall that breaks apart, a player spawn point, enemy path node/spawn point and some basic logic, a basic floor all with materials applied. I can see it working fine in the editor, looks good and plays as expected. However, when I go to run it on the PC I don't see any lights or materials applied to the level, except for the player/enemy characters and weapons. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong??

All help is greatly appreciated.

Have you rebuild your lightning?

Comment

Yup, I do build all after I change things. I also tried build AI Paths, build Lighting, and then build all just to be sure everything was re-created. Still the same issue.

Comment

- Is your floor made out of a BSP brush or a mesh?
        - Do you see the standart material instead of the own one? (so the blue and white material)
        - "Production Build..." So you have packaged your game with Unreal Frontend?

Comment

- Floor was made from a BSP brush and just had the clump grass material on the top of it.
          - I can see the standard material on the wall, and just under the wall some of the grass, but that is all. As mentioned the models are fine, just what I added isn't.
          - Updated to latest build and got errors about my mesh being null. I think I did not save the package and mesh correctly somehow. I am going to try and port my level into the new build
          - Not sure if I should even use "Production Build" at this point in the process, but I wanted to see it run using the UDK Game not the editor

Comment

Just run it with the "Play on PC" button (right klick - play - ...) and then see what happens.

Comment

Cool, I was able to get rid of all the errors after porting everything to the new version of the UDK. I was doing the "Play on PC" button before, and tried it again. I got my material on the wall at least now, but still no lighting in the rest of the level. I had 2 point lights, then tried just 1 point light, same lighting amounts. Just my wall and the 2 characters, my floor does not show up except for a very small amount that is just under my wall...

Comment

Is it working now on the new version of UDK?

When not, then you could upload your map somewhere so that I can take a look at it

Comment

You just need my *.udk file right? Or do you require my wall mesh as well, *.upk?

Comment

Originally posted by Krypton1616 View Post
                    You just need my *.udk file right? Or do you require my wall mesh as well, *.upk?
                    When you have made it with a BSP then I just need the .udk -> I need that what isnt working well ;D

Comment

Cool, well I can e-mail it to you if you PM your e-mail address. the .udk is like 260k the .upk is like 2mb

Comment

Just send it to this e-mail address: metalgamestudios@gmail.com

Comment

E-mail sent. I am going to start your tutorial series now.

Thanks for the help

Comment

about the lights, are you sure their light range is enough? try to make it higher. it's called Light range or radius or something like that

Comment

I found out the problem. Its the material. I think that its a transparent material (thats why I wasnt abel to attach another material to it) so the light goes through. Just add another material and try it out. Now it should work.

Here you can see how to create a transparent material: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7T1_4JnWY8

Comment

Working...
                              X