Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Drag and drop into scene from content browser just stopped working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Drag and drop into scene from content browser just stopped working?

HI

I'm using the latest UDK build (Feb 2013) & have been dragging and dropping static mesh assets from the content browser into my level scenes for months now without problem.
    However, after an editor crash - it's gotten itself into an odd state. I can't drag any assets from the content browser into my levels any more? I just get the circle with a slash through it mouse indicator.

I can duplicate existing assets using ALT+move & can add assets via right clicking in the main window, clicking "Add StaticMeshActor" and then setting the mesh manually - which is obviously slow & painful.

Is there a way to reset/fix this - without doing a re-install of the entire UDK and setting my project up again?

Update:

Stuff that doesn't fix the problem:
    1. Rebooting
    2. Trying to drag static meshes into a new level
    3. Deleting all the UDK*.ini files and rebuilding them
    4. Checked the file write permissions (which shouldn't matter anyway)
    5. Rebuilt the asset database

THE FIX: How I got it to work again (simple once you know how): went to UDKGame\Script - deleted all the .u files, built them again - ran editor - everything back to normal. Must admit to not knowing if doing anything in the list above also helped.

Cheers
    William

I am now having the same problem, can you please tell me how you "built them again" Meaning your UDKGame\Script folder.

Eddie

Comment

Working...
    X