FBX import crash..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBX import crash..

After Importing Fbx files udk takes 15 to 20 mins to think things over and crash.. It becomes not responding for sometime and after that it shuts itself down... some jpg texture files arent imported and failed... the maps are from 1024 to 2048 in range and the objects very small... These files i am testing with are a third of all the files in my scene... I converted all of my tga, psd, png, tif files to jpeg and changed the referenced links (Project Manager) of all of the objects in 3ds max... then I exported all the objects individually... There are 372 objects and 322 texture files... the total size of all the textures are 608 Mb.. I was using February build but switched to November because it also crashed now that Nov has also crashed I havent the slightest idea what I could do... My project deadline is looming and still have a lot of work to do... Any help is much appreciated...

Is there any way to move all the files into the scene at once?

Try to import them with this settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uncheck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	3249828

Comment

It would seriously be cumbersome to import them without the material files... there's a lot of them and connecting each separately would be very time consuming...
      I will still give this a try but isnt there another way?
      P.S. content browser doesnt show jpg as a file type it imports...?

Comment

Originally posted by deohboeh View Post
        P.S. content browser doesnt show jpg as a file type it imports...?
        jpeg's are not supported, try TGA or PNG.

Comment

UDK can't import JPG, instead, use something like PNG or 24-bit or 32-bit Targa

Sounds like there's a ton of data though. Be aware though that if you've got a mesh that's too high poly then it can crash UDK.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I am going to make it all PNG and then update..

Comment

Nope Crashed again everything is png but still it crashes... What must I do to import a fbx file with materials?

Comment

I think its not possibel to import your materials from Maya, 3d Max,... So every material that you made in the 3d modelling program was a waste of time, because you have to import the textures into UDK and you have to set it up in UDK as you like.

In this thread you can find stuff about that topic: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ax-file-to-UDK

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                  I think its not possibel to import your materials from Maya, 3d Max,... So every material that you made in the 3d modelling program was a waste of time, because you have to import the textures into UDK and you have to set it up in UDK as you like.

In this thread you can find stuff about that topic: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ax-file-to-UDK
                  It seem kind of sad that the material wont import as a result of this the workflow gets quite broken.. Anyway I am going to attaching the materials one by one again... Thank you very much for the information!

Comment

Working...
                  X