Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editor halted while import sub sequence into kismet,eveytime except first.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MandyDark2 View Post
    I basically know why this happens.
    Apparently there is some sort of bug in the UDK with sequences inside Kismet. If you delete a sequence, and try to create another with the same name, the Editor will tell you that you have already created that sequence, as if it was never removed.
    If you saved the sequence, and try to load it on a level with these features, the PC freezes at trying to locate a duplicated sequence. At least it happens to me, the solution is to create a new level or create a sequence with a different name.
    thank for the reply!
    I'll try to avoid these bugs according to your solution.
    Now I simply using an empty map to store my sequence and copy/paste operations between maps are totally works fine. haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I basically know why this happens.
    Apparently there is some sort of bug in the UDK with sequences inside Kismet. If you delete a sequence, and try to create another with the same name, the Editor will tell you that you have already created that sequence, as if it was never removed.
    If you saved the sequence, and try to load it on a level with these features, the PC freezes at trying to locate a duplicated sequence. At least it happens to me, the solution is to create a new level or create a sequence with a different name.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Newest report:
    My friends editor is also frozen by this action,yesterday it's fine because that's just "the first time" import sequence operation after he's install

Leave a comment:

• Editor halted while import sub sequence into kismet,eveytime except first.

I've tried several times to reinstall udk/update new version, but it still there.

Everytime I just finish installed udk and opened editor,I tried steps below:
    1.right click in kismet and select "create new sequence" and named it.
    2.right click on new sequence I created and select "Export sequence to package",then choose whatever a exist package or myselves.
    3.find the package,selected the sub sequence.go to kismet.//edit:even save the package or not.
    4.right click in kismet and select "Import sequence [name]".

Then it is successfully imported there.
    5.Now I close editor and reopen it.
    6.follow step 1~4.
    "Bang~",editor frozen, and I could never ever make it again until reinstall udk.

Anyone could tell me how to reslove this? I can't find no answer at google or here.

This issue never showes up in my friend's machine,and the most different between our computers is I have .net frameworks and visual studio 2010 on mine.He is not a programmer.
    And the alert I have when I open editor is:
    "Engine\EditorResources\WPF\Localized\UnrealEd.CHN .xaml line 415"(key is already added,I found it,it's a typo,fix/not fix it,kismet problem are still there) ,
    but my friend never saw that.I don't know if it relations to my problem.
    //updated:
    I checked friend's file about 'UnrealEd.CHN.xaml',his file has no the line as same as my line 414(the error source:LandscapeEdit_GizmoData,orginal key is same as line 415),and lack of other lines like 'LandscapeEdit_LandscapeLODBias','LandscapeEdit_LO DBiasThreshold',or 'FoliageEdit_DetailMode' etc.
    ---------------here is my environment--------------
    windows 7 ultimate CHN
    .net framework 1.1~4.0 ENG
    visual studio 2010 ENG
    UDK-2012-07 or UDK-2013-02 or UDK-2012-11 (all happend)
    ATI or NV graphic card (both happend)
    x86 or x64 system (both happend)

Sorry for the chinglish.
    Regards!
Working...
X