UDK editor 32-bit and 64-bit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK editor 32-bit and 64-bit question

So after trying on and off for two weeks (long story) I finally was able to get UDK editor running on my laptop. Problem is that I can't launch the editor normally because it gives me an error missing component msvcr100.dll file. I'm running a HP laptop with intel core duo CPU T5800 at 2.00 GHz dual core with 4.00 GB RAM running on Windows 64-bit Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics card, so I'm barely meeting the minimum specs.

But I found out that I can still launch the editor by going through Unreal Frontend and launching it from there. Only problem now is that it only will launch in 32-bit mode, which now brings me to my question. We are running the 2012-10 version of UDK at my school but it's in 64-bit. I've successfully brought in my game level into my home version which is also the 2012-10 version but only it's 32-bit. So is everything ok? When I go back to school will I be able to bring my .udk and .upk files I've worked on at home back into the 64-bit school version without error? Thanks.

There's no difference between files as far as 32-bit and 64-bit goes. The only difference is the release version of UDK, files created in newer versions aren't compatible with older versions.

For you, since you only have 4GB of memory there's no advantage to running 64-bit anyways.

Comment

thanks for the info!

but seriously thank you sir, now I'm gonna put all my free time into fixing up my level! So stoked

Comment

Working...
      X