UDK keeps freezing my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have a DDR5 Graphic card I am still getting crashes for no reason.. I switched to the November build from the February build still happening..
    My Specs:
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1GB DDR5 16.0 GB RAM Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You could possibly have a bottleneck with your video card. Its only 2GB using DDR3 memory, GDDR5 memory tends to have a wider memory bandwidth meant to support the amount of processing and data throughput necessary for UDK operation. The other specs you noted should be fine enough to run UDK. Check out the minimum requirements for UDK on the download site. http://www.unrealengine.com/en/udk/downloads/

Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try turning off auto save in ed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ever since the November 2012 version the UDK crashes my PC every now and then. However I can generally work for hours before it happens. So I just put it down to me working longer hours now because deadlines are approaching... but who knows could be a genreal flaw in the recent versions. I have a core i7-2630QM, GTX560M,6GB RAM, win7

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even I am having the same problem after sometime of working on it like importing it crashes beyond recovery while everything else like explorer and chrome work like nothing ever happened... no slow down nothing...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you download that just now? I'm having the same problem and I am suspecting that the February version could be the culprit. It might be helpful to obtain the second latest version, I guess...

I've been asking the similar question around here and I've even been doing some searching around this forum only to find nothing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does nobody have any idea what the problem could be? Yesterday I formatted my computer and UDK is still freezing it. The only reason left that comes to my mind is that the graphics card is making problems. I removed my Nvidia 9800GT from my old PC so I could use it... but I'm not sure if this even makes sense.

Help... ? ยด__ `

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UDK keeps freezing my computer

UDK keeps freezing my computer

Hey guys,

I'm getting a bit desperate here. Currently I'm deciding if I want to use UDK or CryEngine for my game. I love the workflow, the material editor, Cascade, etc. in UDK and somehow it's very easy for me to understand even very technical things (I'm not a programmer by any means). But the thing is: UDK is freezing randomly. Again and again. I don't know what I should do. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
    AMD Phenom II x4 965, 3,4GHz
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7750, 2GB DDR3
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz

Except for the sound everything is freezing. I can't use the mouse nor the keyboard and I have to reset my PC. A few weeks ago my system would freeze even without UDK but I could solve the problem by cleaning my PC and get rid of all the dust. Now I already updated all necessary drivers and the BIOS, I tried enabling AHCI mode for my HDD... nothing is working. The freezes occur either when I just start up UDK (sometimes it's enough to click on the icon) and sometimes when I worked for an hour or so. A trick that works sometimes is to save very often (like every five minutes). That way I could work for a few hours but it's very annoying and not really a solution as I can't focus.

UDK is the only program that keeps freezing, so I hope it's not hardware related as I don't have the money to replace anything. The computer is just a few months old and works just fine. Maybe you can help me? I don't want to turn to CryEngine as I don't like it that much, but it seems I have to...

Thanks in advance!
    Ma-rin
Working...
X