UDK not responding on rebuild lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK not responding on rebuild lighting

Hey everyone, I'm building a basic level from the video tutorials trying to learn UDK. I've run into a problem where UDk stops responding when I run the rebuild lighting program, I've successfully rebuilt the lighting before, but now it wont even rebuild the lighting for the scene you're given when UDK first starts up. Anyone encountered this before?

Being as "smart" as I am, I thought it might be a bad file so I tried to uninstall/reinstall UDK. Now I have a new problem, the installer said I have to have at least Windows XP SP3 to install UDK, I'm running Window 7 SP1 home premium 64 bit.

Comment

I have had similar problems with lighting before. I learned that if you are using 'Landscape' in your level this could be the problem (Landscape is a little buggy), but since lighting wont rebuild on the template scene at start up, your probably right to say that there is probably a bad file. As for the Windows XP bug, I hear it has happened to people before. One solution is to right-click the UDK Editor Icon, select "Troubleshoot compatibility", select "Troubleshoot program" in the window that appears, then, check "The program worked in earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now" and click next. Select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" and hit Next. In the next part that appears, click "Start the program..." and it will pop up and proceed with the installation process. Hope I could help.

Comment

OK, I got the "Windows XP" bug fixed. Instead of running the installer from the download, I saved it to my download folder and then ran it and it worked fine. /shrug

The rebuild lightmass error seems to have resolved it's self too.

Comment

Good to hear, enjoy using UDK

Comment

the same happend to me but after running the installer few times it worked

Comment

Working...
            X