Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDK crash and missing textures (March beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is really weird, could you launch UDK again ? and see if you get this warning again, also did you write +EditPackages=Torch
    under +EditPackages=UTGameContent
    write only below it not above,

Comment

I have the following
      [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
      +EditPackages=UTGame
      +EditPackages=UTGameContent
      +EditPackages=Torch
      UDK works fine if I remove +EditPackages=Torch but I will always get the warning if I have that line in.

Comment

are your files in .uc file format ?

Comment

Yes

I'll try with a clean install in a few minutes and then add everything back and see if that works.

Edit: The reinstallation made it all work perfectly.

Comment

Glad to hear that, post back if you got another issue, or still need help

Comment

My only question is how to get the flashlight to work ingame. I can't really work it out since I've never worked with it this way.

Comment

Alright, go to the content browser and on the search bar paste this SkeletalMesh'WP_ShockRifle.Mesh.SK_WP_ShockRifle_1 P'
                now click on it and add a new socket, place it near the muzzle, now click on relative rotation and write 180 on pitch,
                place a utweaponpickupfactory on your map, choose TorchWeap, start the game pick it up, and then hit the @key in game, and write TurnOnLight, let me know if it works

Comment

It didn't work.

What I did was that I opened "SK_WP_ShockRifle_1P with the AnimSet Editor and opened the Socket Manager and clicked "New Socket" and named it "torch" and placed it on the xr_muzzleflash bone and wrote 180 in pitch in the Relative Rotation.
                  And then I added a UtWeaponPickupFactory and choose TorchWeap. Picked it up and wrote TurnOnLight.

Comment

Sorry, i should have mentioned this.

Delete this socket and create a new one the exact same way i mentioned above, but this time call it LightSocket,

Comment

That worked perfectly, thank you.

But the lights reach is a bit short. Is there anyway I can change that?

Edit: I solved that myself by looking in the .uc files.
                      And also how to bind it to a button ingame.

Thank you so much for your help. I don't have anything more to ask from you right now. So thank you once more.

Comment

So it's all solved now ?

Comment

It should be.
                          It doesn't crash and I have my flashlight and the textures was resolved with the kismet problem.
                          I might have other questions in the future but I will take that in a new thread.

Comment

Glad to hear that it's solved, of course if you have a new issue, just create a new thread .
                            Good luck with your project !

Comment

Working...
                            X