[COMMANDLET 'UnSetup.exe -GameCreateManifest' FAILED] ERROR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COMMANDLET 'UnSetup.exe -GameCreateManifest' FAILED] ERROR

Firstly, I switched from modding UT2004 to creating a game from scratch using UDK. I did this a couple of days ago. When I go to Make game and compilies, and tries to package my game an error pops up

[COMMANDLET 'UnSetup.exe -GameCreateManifest' FAILED]

Do you know what that error means?

So you clicked package and did a box show up asking to name the game you are making or did it just error out
    Also was the game running at the time you tried to package it

Comment

Yeah, the box came up asking me to name my game. I pressed OK and started building, then that error showed up in the log. I'm not sure why it comes up. Like when I was trying to run a program on Visual Studio 2008, it came up with an error such as "could not create manifest: this module was expected to contain an assembly manifest". Is there something wrong with my computer or something? Thanks.

Comment

That should create a list of all files that need to be packaged before that did you cook your maps
        Also did it make a unsetup.game.xml file

Comment

Yes this time. It FINALLY decided to work. It's about time. I think I didn't cook my maps! but it works now... Thanks anyway!

Comment

But... still some issues. The short game name I set won't change the directory name to my game name. It still says UTGame. Can I change it to my game name?
            And when I click on my game executable it comes up with "The application has stopped working". What? I'm using windows 7. I tried changing the compatibility, etc. Any ideas?

Comment

You can change the folder manually then repackage if it does not work then you need to have ue3 source
              As for the crash check the log file

Comment

Yeah, UED came up with the program stopped working because I renamed UTGame folder to my game's name. Isn't there another way, like the ue3 source you mentioned?

Comment

might help you to follow my UDK basic video tutorial, there seems to be something strange with your work flow, maybe your missing a step or 2

ps. never never never change the names of any of the content that comes with udk, if you do you'll be sorry

Comment

Yeah I did change the name - things stuffed up bad. Changed it back to UTGame. Could I change the UTGame to the name of my game after it compilies my game? I'll this time follow A TUTORIAL not do it on my own, because it's my first time working with UDK. I recently switched modding from UT2004...

Comment

Ok if you want to rename udkgame folder to the name of your game you must do a few things
                      1. Add a ; before udk=1 in build.properties
                      2. Rename udk.exe to the game name +"game" e.g geargame.exe
                      3. Rename udkgame folder to game name+"game" e.g geargame
                      4. Open unsetup.manifestsxml replace udk.exe with game name and udkgame folder with your game name and set showemailsubscription to false

Comment

i switch from modding UT2004 in 07(UT3) then to UDK

you can change the name of your game when you package your game.

i expect the above may work but that should be your last step once you have finished

Comment

My game's name didn't change when it packaged. It still said UTGame as such.. When you package your game, as it says Game Settings where you name your game here - it doesn't seem to have an effect. And sorry for the long delay I had other things to do..

Comment

Working...
                          X