This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken viewports

Hello. I installed latest may udk on clean windows with drivers and some programs and i have problem with object visibility. Anybody knows where is problem ? This is default buildin level.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nový objekt - Rastrový obrázek.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	3252562

I can't see anything in game (PIE) too.

Comment

This thing has been reported on the may version several times, are you using the may version ?
      you can try to redownload it http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/downloads it seems like it has been changed, because it has been removed and then reuploaded,

Comment

Thank you, you helped me so much because i can't find any informations about it. Yes I use may version. I downloaded it about 3 days ago but i will try to redownload it and if it will not work i will install older beta.

Comment

Yeah that will be better mate, good luck and post back if you got any problems

Comment

Redownload didn't solve it. I installed march 2012 beta and i have another problem now :

Click image for larger version

Name:	problemimage.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	3249062

Comment

It does the same with March 2012 ? weird it should not i have march 2012 on both my low end and high end pc and it acts normally, what's your pc specs ?

Comment

No no, this is not same problem. It is particulary solved but there is new problem.

2core 2.13Ghz
                nvidia 7950 gt
                2GB ram

Comment

Alright even though your specs are low UDK should be working fine with those specs it should lag indeed but it should work fine my low end pc has a GPU lower than that and i can use March 2012 UDK very fine although i create my levels on a 560 ti, but my point is UDK should not do what you show me in the pictures on those kind of specs, have you tried to download another version ? sorry i can't give you another way to solve this i never had such problems before,

Comment

a 7xxx series is probably going to have a lot of graphical glitches and maybe overheat more easily. Make sure you are using the latest drivers available for that card also because original ones aren't going to cut it, a lot of Unreal Engine relevant fixes have come out since then.

Comment

Thank you guys. I use latest drivers, latest dx 9.0 (everything installed and downloaded yesterday). May 2012 - i see nothing in viewport, March 2012 - Strange white edges of meshes and bad lighting. I will try reinstall drivers and install February 2012 beta.

Comment

Problems with March 2012 beta solved. I uninstalled latest drivers and installed some older drivers.

301.42 (latest)

March 2012 - X - bad lighting, white edges
                        May 2012 - X - invisible objects

March 2012 - OK

March 2012 - OK

I will use 280.26 with March beta. I think that May 2012 bug is in UDK and not in my PC .

Comment

Alright well that's perhaps the reason why i don't get them bugs in UDK i haven't updated i'm still using 285, i remember when i used the 296 nvidia driver on my 560 ti i would get some red screen of death and it wouldn't recover unless i would switch off my pc by hitting the boot button,

Comment

For those of you with missing items in viewport, have you tried pressing Ctrl+ H? Shift + H will hide everything, Ctrl+ H will unhide everything.

I just tried it on my machine here, and it produces the same images you provided.

(Shift+H is supposed to be the hotkey combo for toggling on and off FPS Stats. This is already a known issue.)

Comment

@Troy McClure thanks next time there is a thread like that, i'll let them know hopefully it should work, there is another that i have replied, i'll check and see if you already posted there

EDIT: yeah you did, thanks that will help a lot of people that are using May UDK,

Comment

Working...
                              X