May 2012 - Incredibly Unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 2012 - Incredibly Unstable

Anyone else having issues with the May 2012 release?

This version crashes for fun on all 4 of the different machines I've tried it on. UDK crashes and closes when:
    • Loading a map after you've had another map open previously
    • Pasting more than one Kismet item
    • Using the package drop down when creating/moving content in the content browser
    • Exiting PIE
    • It gets bored

Hopefully there are some more releases before they shutdown for Unreal 4 development.

Edit: It looks like the April and May releases have been removed from the download page. Perhaps by mistake?

yep

add to that;
    crashes 4/5 times on startup
    crashes 4/5 times on PIE
    random errors saying engine packages are missing when it eventually starts
    framerate takes 4 minutes to go from 120 to below 10
    random crashes fully loading packages
    sound pops and bangs in pie and doesnt actually play any real sounds
    theres some more but cant think of them off hand

seems all apart from feb udk have been removed from the download page.
    i really hope they are fixing it for the next build, fingers crossed.

Comment

yeah i'm sure they are fixing it, no worries mate

Comment

me too! it's a really annoying problem XD

Comment

Yeah, Hopefully we won't have to move back to an older version, otherwise it's a months wasted work!

Comment

Right! By the way another problem i always had is when creating a texture cube, it crash, i and i must close it!

Comment

The UDK website is being revamped, and May should be back up shortly.

For those of you crashing, please list your hardware that this is occurring on.

Being able to reproduce the crashes here at Epic is extremely helpful to resolving any issues.

Thanks!

Comment

heres an incredibly detailed thread about the framerate issue, towards the end there is allsorts tried
                http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...litymode-ISSUE

heres a thread detailing the startup and pie crashes
                http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...tartup-and-pie

and there are many threads detailing the other problems.

packard bell ipower gx
                intel core 2 duo p7450
                nvidia geforce gtx 260m
                4g ram

edit:
                forgot
                Windows 7 edition familiale premium 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by TroyMcClure View Post
                  For those of you crashing, please list your hardware that this is occurring on.

Being able to reproduce the crashes here at Epic is extremely helpful to resolving any issues.

Thanks!
                  I have a HIS Radeon 6870 Card with the drivers 8.850.0.0 installed at the moment.

Sometimes UDK works fine for a bit, and I can load up all maps not corrupted if I have dx9 settings on (doesn't matter if I run 32 or 64 bit version), however if dx11 is on and I try to open up the NightDay demo map, it will not only crash UDK, but just simply black screen my computer, if a video is playing the sound can be heard for another 15 seconds or so before getting stuck on a millisecond loop. Sadly, UDK for me does crash after a while regardless with the same black screen. Which is unfortunate to see, cause some games like transformers war for cybertron I can play forever, yet mass effect 2 I can get like 15 minutes max. There's some serious optimization errors going on.

Comment

I had crashes after loading multiple maps in May UDK and after copy+pasting Kismet stuff arround. Some seemingly random crashes too...
                    oh and the mobile previewer ALLWAYS crashes while Steam is running. Any idea when a new fixed version will be released because this is extremely annoying?!!
                    GTX 560M
                    i7 2630QM
                    6GB ram
                    Win7 Home Premium.

Comment

this is my PC spec.

AMD A6 3500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.10 Ghz
                      8 Gb Ram
                      Win 64 bit SP1

Comment

2.1 Ghz processor?

You sure you were able to run that well with previous versions? That's a severe bottleneck.

Comment

Here are my specs. The most frustrating crash is when pasting Kismet nodes. NEED that to be able to pass work between artists at the moment.

Code:
                          Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
                          Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5520  @ 2.27GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
                          Memory: 24576MB RAM
                          Display Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Comment

yeah, i know before this i had 3.1 amd phenom 6 core.... but it over heated and it died. i changed mother board and cpu cause the seller said that they don't make any more this kind of processor.. however at the moment for little work work well...

Comment

Working...
                            X