UDK Freezing While Building Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    No. Btw, i downloaded the march build of the UDK the day they switched to the new homepage, and it seems to work fine so far; built lighting 4-5 times with different settings and no crashing or freezing. I'll send you the link for the files if you still want to check though.

Thanks for your help so far!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm, would you be open to uploading the map and packages so I can take a look? You didn't save anything into the actual map package did you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope, it didnt work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    107 polys and 316 vertices in total. One of the pieces has a ratio of 1/70 though; a ceiling with windows opened with pro boolean(converted to editable poly before export btw.) Now that you mentioned it i'll try to build lighting without that piece and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How many polys/verts do each of those piece have?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UDK Freezing While Building Light

UDK Freezing While Building Light

Hello everyone!

This has started to annoy the hell out of me so i decided to ask for help here.
    I have a simple building(consists of 4 pieces for now...havent imported the rest yet after encountering this issue) with simple materials-a diffuse and a normal map in each material. I am using one of the daylight templates of the UDK for lighting, and when i try to build lighting the whole computer freezes as it starts to process mappings and i end up restarting the computer.(I tried both 32 and 2048 for lightmap resolution so i dont think it has anything to do with calculation time)

This hadn't happened before so i'm wondering if it has something to do with my computer or something i'm missing with the meshes, materials, etc. I'm using May 2012 built. Any idea what may be causing this?
Working...
X