Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotation Tool Rotating along more than one axis at once[Video][Problem]

The issue at hand is this:
    When i gather a bunch of my static meshes and go to rotate them as one unit, they don't only rotate the direction i pick with the rotate tool. if i rotate them along the x axis, they will also slightly rotate along the Y axis and or Z axis... What could possibly be the issue here?
    I've tried to group them all then rotate as a whole and it does the same thing. It is extremely slowing my progress on my artwork.
    I show in the video a simple fluorescent light with 3 tubes and two mount pieces. I only rotate along one axis, and by the time i finish wiggling the rotate tool, it is completely distorted...
    I noticed it at first because the hallway shown in the video did not properly rotate when i went to duplicate it and simply rotate 180 degrees. there were pieces rotated 180 degrees and then on the other axis some were rotated up to a whole 15 degrees. How can i fix this?
    It is extremely aggravating when I am trying to build and I would like a solution,can I get some help?

I have the February 2012 version of UDK.
    --EDIT--
    I have now Tested and seen the same issue in the May 2012 Build.

Have you tried making them a prefab?

Comment

this has occasionally happened to me too in the past
      i just press ctrl + z and try again from a different angle, not a solution but a work around

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
        Have you tried making them a prefab?

Hmm, no I hadn't quite thought of that , I'll give it a go and see if it works.

--EDIT--
        It didn't work fully. There was still some inter-prefab rotation distortion :/ Although it was not as bad oddly enough, rather than being off by 15 degrees it was taken down to 1 or 2 degrees. (being noticeable depends on size) in the small pieces it's hardly noticeable I suppose unless you're me :P If I had known I'd have this issue I would have built my level in 3dsMax prior to importing pieces T_T

Comment

Also make sure you're in world and not in the local axis. Each object have their own pivots, even if you are seemingly controlling them through a common one. The isse may be if they are angled and positioned differently, their pivots might not translate perfectly equally and you'll gradually be more off.

This is just a guess though.

Also, making the entire level in one piece is a very bad idea.

Comment

Have you been able to reproduce this with some of the stock assets that come with the UDK?

Comment

Originally posted by TroyMcClure View Post
              Have you been able to reproduce this with some of the stock assets that come with the UDK?
              I just got back from a camping trip, Let me try that and I'll get right back to you. ^^

Comment

Hope u had a great time...and thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X