Feb'12 Script Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb'12 Script Error

It's possible this is fixed already since I'm using the February 2012 release, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

File: GameInfo.uc
    Line: 2876
    Function: FindInactivePRI

Issue:
    Code:
    OverridePRI(PC, OldPRI);
    should be replaced with
    Code:
    OverridePRI(PC, CurrentPRI);
    As it is in the Feb'12 UDK, this function winds up having reconnecting players' PRIs be overridden with their own freshly generated PRI with defaults (i.e. it doesn't functionally accomplish anything). In the for loop where it is called, CurrentPRI refers to the PRI being referenced in the for loop's current iteration, and refers to the "old" PRI which was stored in the InactivePRI array upon Logout of the PC. OldPRI refers to the PlayerController (PC)'s current PRI, which is the PRI generated by default for connecting players. Finally, OverridePRI's arguments request the PlayerController whose PRI will be overridden, and the PRI which will be used to override. Thus, the function as it is written just tells the PlayerController to override its PlayerReplicationInfo with its own PlayerReplicationInfo, when what we really want here is for the PlayerController to override its PRI with the one the server stored when the client disconnected.

Sorry if this was already fixed!
Working...
X