Hyper slow framerate -maxqualitymode ISSUE

Hi all,
    I have just started my pc, and I got this unusual slow execution:

Click image for larger version

Name:	What the.....jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	3252509

Several UDK versions tested, every one runs as slow as that. My card is an 560Ti.
    The question is, What the hell???

I've noticed something similar when using the May UDK 2012 beta copy. It seems that when I load up a level and play it for say 15 minutes, my frame rate goes from 42fps down to about 30fps. The level features landscape terrain and a few custom mesh items. I was using the Nvidia 301.24 beta driver and just switched up to 301.42 driver today and performance is about the same. So the questions is, is it UDK, my level or the video driver???

Has anyone else noticed this kind of slowdown on their systems?

Comment

I have made some tests and I think I have something clear. I noticed the -maxqualitymode launch command writes something SOMWHERE shared by every UDK. I noticed once I executed my 'game' with this command every UDK I have installed was ****ed up. The only way to fix this was restarting the computer. Quite annoying, yeah.

Comment

i get a slow down too
        it starts at around 60fps, then breifly drops at random intervals to around 16 fps
        the longer i play the more frequent the drops are untill eventually it stays between 12 -24 ish.

i have done many tests including several game profiler sessions and it has nothing to do with actors on the level either visual or script side.
        (it least it made me optimise my code i suppose lol)

installed the latest gfx drivers too just incase.
        happens even with a template map and UTGame.

is there a -mediumqualitymode or something somewhere?

this fault seems to have been introduced around the same time as ditectX 11,
        like most of the world im still on dx9, something to do with that perhaps?

Comment

over the past two weeks ive had a frame rate drop of about 20 fps and i use september 2011 version of udk.ive gone through loads of older maps and they are all the same.ive reinstalled graphics drivers and updated them too.nothing helps.im beginning to think i may have a virus or something.

Comment

Weird thing i'll download UDK tonight or tomorrow and see if FPS drops on 560ti pc, i'll let you guys know when i can

Comment

Well that probably means it's a video driver or OS problem. What OS and video card driver are you using? I'm using Win XP with the latest driver from Nvidia (i.e. 301.42) and a GT-520 video card.

Comment

Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
                Well that probably means it's a video driver or OS problem. What OS and video card driver are you using? I'm using Win XP with the latest driver from Nvidia (i.e. 301.42) and a GT-520 video card.
                7 with 560Ti

Comment

Since your having the same problem on Windows 7 that probably means it's either a video driver issue or UDK. Something I was thinking about this morning is, of those of us having framerate issues, do you notice it when you run UDK stanealone or do you notice it after a session with the UDK editor?

Comment

Once i start it, its already broken

Comment

ive been messing around checking everything i can with this.
                      a vast improvement in general framerate can be gained by using the 32 bit version of udk instead of 64 bit.
                      unless i missunderstand the concept of 32 and 64 bit proccessing it should be the other way round shouldnt it?

however, the problem remains, the longer you play the slower it gets.

well at least my city map is now so well optimised it might even run on ios lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
                        ive been messing around checking everything i can with this.
                        a vast improvement in general framerate can be gained by using the 32 bit version of udk instead of 64 bit.
                        unless i missunderstand the concept of 32 and 64 bit proccessing it should be the other way round shouldnt it?

however, the problem remains, the longer you play the slower it gets.

well at least my city map is now so well optimised it might even run on ios lol.
                        Has anyone tried running the May 2012 UDK with an older Nvidia driver, say 285? Also does anyone have this problem when using an ATI graphics card?

Comment

im running an AMD HD6890 and untill today i was only suffering a general drop in frame rate,but this afternoon im getting the exact problem as Tegleg.4 minutes in and it drops from 40 fps to 6-7 fps.and this is with sept 2011 UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz661 View Post
                            im running an AMD HD6890 and untill today i was only suffering a general drop in frame rate,but this afternoon im getting the exact problem as Tegleg.4 minutes in and it drops from 40 fps to 6-7 fps.and this is with sept 2011 UDK.
                            Then it's not just an Nvidia issue. I noticed that my framerate droped from 45fps in Feb Beta to about 35fps in March and 28-30 in May 2012 on my testlevel. So I think this is a legit UDK issue. Hopefully the team can
                            find this and get it fixed for the July release of UDK.

Comment

this afternoon i moved my udk istall to my d drive,completley wiped the c drive,reinstalled windows,graphics card drivers and udk.then i played VCTF-necropolis in the clean install for half an hour.120 fps all the way.then i renamed the fresh install to UDK-2011-09x and moved my old install back.played VCTF-necropolis for about 5 mins at 60 fps(i have vsinc turned on in this insallation)then it dropped to 6-7 fps again.im at a complete loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X