UDK multiplayer, cannot find host?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK multiplayer, cannot find host?

I am attempting to connect to another player so we can test our new map through multiplayer. However, we cannot seem to connect to one another through either LAN, nor internet through the FrontEnd menu. Has anyone managed to get UDK multiplayer working? If so, how? We have tried disabling firewalls, opening ports and connecting via a wired LAN connection directly. One player can host servers, but the other player cannot connect, nor find the hosted map no matter what we try. Can anyone shed some light on what we might be doing wrong? Thanks!

how are you trying to connect?

Comment

Well if I remember correctly and assuming you know how to create the server from UDKLift or something, you can just go to the UDK Game, open it, and when at the menu push the 'tab' button and then type in "open <ip address>" so as an example you would type "open 24.9.170.119". Make sure you both have all the files necessary to open and play the map.

If this didn't help maybe this will:
      http://forums.epicgames.com/archive/.../t-707031.html

Comment

We have also tried the "open IP address" method, to no avail.

Comment

are you sure the host is a listen server?
          a listen server and a client that uses 'open IP' in the console usually works, at least in LAN

Comment

no it dont work since at least feb udk, over the internet anyway, didnt try lan.

open mapname?listen for the server
            open ip for the client

Comment

you can use the -nosteam option, i was unable to connect to my server over lan or internet when i didn't use it, don't know why, but i saw a thread that says if you are not using steam you need to use that switch to avoid weird behaviors on the game.

Comment

The game only works via internet if installed on both computers.

It will not work by udk itself.

Comment

Can you provide logfiles for both the server and client?

Comment

daimaku, ill try -nosteam soon as i can and report back

Comment

Working...
                    X