Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Add Pan and Orbit Mode for camera mode like the one in 3dsMax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Whaa? no offense or anything but 5 months with udk and your problem is.. the camera?
    I strongly believe that you got to have some weird setup going on then.. like high mouse sensitivity or some kind of incompatible mouse? mixed up shortcuts ? or maybe some bugged level ? Whatever the reason may be your issue is not "normal" as far as i can tell, i mean sure i had some really hard time with the navigation when i first got unreal engine in my hands but when i learned the controls and played around a little bit i got used to it in no time at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice heads up on the L key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I guess you are right @fragfest2012.
    I just saw 3DBuzz video navigation system and found a new shortcut to rotate.
    First select an actor and while pressing L button, drag right click mouse to rotate the selected actor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, UDK has a perfectly fine camera system, why are you giving up, this of all things shouldn't be so frustrating. In fact, I like 3ds max's camera for 3ds max, I like UDK's for UDK because you can move faster, the only time where i have a problem is when I am using the lock camera to a camera actor for cinematics, other than that, the system is by far the best possible it could be. By the way, Cryengine's is the exact same.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I give up man!
    I tried editing my terrain and I need to turn around and it was very hard like crazy.
    I give up!
    I will wait until there is new navigation system for UDK.
    I just hope it is like 3ds Max navigation system.
    For now I will try and learn CryENGINE 3!
    It might have similar navigation system like 3ds Max.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks. That's helping me a bit. But still orbit mode doesn't exist. It is quite difficult to rotate viewport by using pan view alone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While there is no "orbit mode", there's two camera control methods.

One is your regular first person controls, the second is a panning mode. If you hold the left mouse button, you will pan along the Z plane, if you hold both you will pan along the X and Y plane. The second method gives you pretty much exact control as it relies directly on your mouse movement.

Leave a comment:

• Please Add Pan and Orbit Mode for camera mode like the one in 3dsMax!

Hi,
    I'm william.
    I have been trying UDK for 5 months and its camera mode still gives me a big headache.
    Sometime I move forward too fast while the camera speed is the lowest.
    I couldn't get to view my object normally as I want to such as in 3ds Max.
    3ds Max pan and orbit is very suit for me. I feel it navigates the viewport perfectly well and exactly accurate.
    It is just a suggestion.
    I hope in the future, UDK would use its navigation system.
    I would be waiting for it.
    Oh yeah I forgot to suggest one more item.
    I hope UDK use Orthographic view in camera mode.
    I mean to add Orthographic view beside Perspective, not Orthographic(Front, Side, Top).
    It is like in 3ds Max. People can use Orthographic view instead of Perspective view.
    That's it!
    Thank u for reading my thread!
    Go UDK!
Working...
X