How to get 32 bit UDK on a 64 bit Operating System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There is no compatibility issues between 64 and 32 bit UDK, if you're having issues I'm guessing you tried to run the 64 bit binary on a 32 bit computer. Or you're having errors related to something else entirely.
    The content created has no relevance to the bit version used to create it.

I told you how to setup the shorcut to run 32 bit above.

Just create a shorcut to your 32 bit binary, which is located in Binaries/Win32, open it's properties and add "editor" to the end of the target path line.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There's no difference between content made in 64 vs 32 bit though. Making stuff on 64 bit will not make you unable to run it on 32 bit.
    The only difference is some various resource efficiency differences.[/QUOTE]

It does i seen it for myself and others in my class had the same problem, now is there any youtube videos out there showing how to do this Ive looked and cant find any. DID SEE ONE ONCE CHANGING THE name of the editor file in the properties changing the name, but that was ages ago and cant find.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just run the 32 bit binary rather than 64, you get both. You'll have to make a shorcut with editor added to the end of the path in it's properties.

There's no difference between content made in 64 vs 32 bit though. Making stuff on 64 bit will not make you unable to run it on 32 bit.
    The only difference is some various resource efficiency differences.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How to get 32 bit UDK on a 64 bit Operating System

How to get 32 bit UDK on a 64 bit Operating System

Hello does anyone know how to get a 32 bit version of UDK on a 64 bit operating system, I know when you do download it it chooses your OS bit and it downloades both 32/64 bit, and that there must be a way to enable the 32 bit. The reason why is that at the college only uses 32 bit and I cant really do any work at home because it will save as 64 bit.
Working...
X