Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrain is currently unsupported on Mobile Platform, how to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain is currently unsupported on Mobile Platform, how to fix?

So I have searched the forums and found nothing that is related to this error message, I posted on polycount and got no help. How do I fix this error message? I can already understand it got something to do with that the editor believes I wanna publish it for mobile platforms. But I have no idea in the world how I enabled this. I can't build anything with because of this error until I remove the terrain.

I'm using the 2011/09 UDK if that's important.

Terrain is currently unsupported on Mobile Platform
    that's it

you can export terrain as OBJ, tweak it in some 3d app and import back as static mesh
    check through IOS section it has been explained many times

Comment

So basically you're telling me we can't use the terrain future because EPIC haven't fixed support for it on mobile platforms?

Comment

This terrain error does not prevent you from completing a build.

Comment

you can use it with workaround I mentioned
          1. you can create your terrain in udk with terrain editor
          2. exporting and tweaking in external editor can only help optimizing your level
          step 2 is only after you finished designing your level so that shouldn't bother you that much
          you can always keep a copy of your level that still has terrain in it so you can tweak it later if really necessary
          but if you did enough testing etc before converting terrain to SM you should not worry at all
          only problem is that you have to test level on PC until you are ready to finalize it

Comment

Working...
          X