Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference DOF breaks MotionBlur!

Hello,
    I noticed one thing about PostProcess effects: if you set up an UberPostProcessEffect with MotionBlur and DepthOfField set as ReferenceDOF then the MotionBlur effect disappears!
    No matter the settings I put, I can't get the MotionBlur to be visible if my DepthOfField is ReferenceDOF. Then if I just change it to SimpleDOF the MotionBlur works perfectly.
    I don't know if BokehDOF works with MotionBlur though, as I can't get UDK running in DX11 and enabling any of the DX11-only features without crashing.

does anyone at Epic know about this? could this get a fix?
    thanks

Reference DOF is not even meant to be use. It bogs down the system immensely. Motion blur does work with DX11 Bokeh.

Comment

well SimpleDOF looks quite bad compared to ReferenceDOF. My game has a settings menu from which different settings can be toggled, so it's only natural that I allow the use of a better-looking DOF for anyone that wants to enable it

I'm not making the move into DX11 yet (until Epic fixes my rare case where the DX11-only features crash 99% of the time... or I change my GTX560 for an even newer GPU), so I was just hoping to get an answer from epic regarding this issue. If I could be certain they won't fix it I'd probably try to make my own DX9 DOF (one that looks better than SimpleDOF)

anyway thanks at least for the confirmation about MotionBlur and DX11 Bokeh

Comment

You can try making a shader for a better DOF maybe? I know some gentlemen here completely made a DX9 version of Bokeh. It wasn't complete though.

Comment

yes, if I get a confirmation from Epic (or a full ignore, which is more likely) I'll try making a shader to make something similar to Reference DOF for a 'Medium Quality' setting, and then something similar to the Bokeh DOF that has been seen around for the 'High Quality' setting, all DX9

Comment

That would be great. I saw a few around here, always wondered how they did it.

Comment

Working...
            X