Landscape Visibility bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscape Visibility bug?

I was testing out the new visibility function to try and punch some holes in some terrain and it's not working right for me. I'm using the January build and if I create a landscape in the default map and then make a hole in it eveything seems to be working fine until I play the map. Once I play the map the hole seems to disapear, although collision is removed right where the hole should be, so I can't see through it but I can fall through it. I've tried it on two different PCs, one with an Nvidia card and one with an AMD card, both running Windows 7 64 bit.

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    I was testing out the new visibility function to try and punch some holes in some terrain and it's not working right for me. I'm using the January build and if I create a landscape in the default map and then make a hole in it eveything seems to be working fine until I play the map. Once I play the map the hole seems to disapear, although collision is removed right where the hole should be, so I can't see through it but I can fall through it. I've tried it on two different PCs, one with an Nvidia card and one with an AMD card, both running Windows 7 64 bit.

Ok so i have a similar issue that you do.

To solve your issue, all you need to do is add a material to the landscape so that it overwrites the default material applied to it.
    the hole will then appear when you play in game in the viewport and you should still be able to fall through it.

However, im assuming you are only testing in the viewport?

Try play testing using the PC mode.

whenever i do that, i am no longer able to fall through the hole that was created.
    but when played in the view port, i fall through like i need to.

Any one have any ideas?

Comment

Same problem here plus lightmass isn't working well along with landscape holes just yet.

Comment

Speaking of holes in landscapes and going through it, anyone of you have problems with weapon bullets not being visible while being below the landscape?

Comment

Yeap! Bullets problem here too!

Comment

yeah, hoping they'll get a fix on that soon! i'm currently using a terrain as a cover instead... So landscape ground, upside down landscape ceiling and terrain cover- A lot more work than what i was hoping for.

Comment

I have just tried using the landscape tool and this is still happening, anyone know of a fix yet?

Comment

Landscape visibility tool does nothing for me, and bullets disappear when under any raised portion of the landscape as well.

Comment

To fix visibility losing it's transparency make sure your Landscape Material's Blend Mode is set to "Blend Masked". Set this in the material editor's properties when nothing is selected under "Material > Blend Mode".

I have a limited work around for the vehicle issues. When you make a visibility hole make sure you also cut out any of the landscape geometry that could be above the vehicle until the vehicle reaches a depth lower than the lowest point of the landscape. This limits you to having to make an underground tunnel and you must have a hole that is somewhat horizontal or sloped, at least enough to ensure the vehicle can make it below the lowest point. Use collision meshes or blocking volumes if you need to control the flow of player movement.

Projectiles seem to not work in the same exact conditions that vehicles don't, so you can use the vehicle work around above.

I can walk through visibility holes when I play it in an editor window but not when I start the level on PC. Does anyone know if it works if you export a full game? I hope they fix these bugs soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X