Embedded .sfw movies not included by cooking process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded .sfw movies not included by cooking process

While it is possible to include .swf movies into other .swf movies, those embedded movies will be removed from packages when cooked when there is no UnrealScript reference to them.
    The reason for this is that UDK can't identify references to .swf files included in ActionScript, so something like that in ActionScript:

Code:
    SomeContainer.loadMovie("EmbeddedMovie.swf");
    Will not be recognized by UDK as a reference and in the process of cooking (~= removing not referenced assets) "EmbeddedMovie.swf" will not be included in the cooked package.

A workaround is to include a reference to all embedded flash movies in UnrealScript for example like this:

Code:
    class SomeUClass extends Object;

var SwfMovie myEmbeddedMovie;

defaultproperties
    {
       myEmbeddedMovie = SwfMovie 'MyPackage.EmbeddedMovie'
    }

Im no sure i understand the question, but if i remember well, if u like to have some swf in your map first u must put that swf into the : C:\UDK\UDK-2011-12\Development\Flash

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko Savich View Post
      Im no sure i understand the question, but if i remember well, if u like to have some swf in your map first u must put that swf into the : C:\UDK\UDK-2011-12\Development\Flash
      It's more of a bug report. Well after you cook your "package" it is not included anymore, so you need to "fix" that by the mentioned workaround in post #1. Also please pay attention on how to include your flash to cause that bug, it's done in ActionScript.

Comment

Thanks for this - just had this issue in a project recently. Noticed that even putting the package into '[Engine.PackagesToAlwaysCook]' in 'DefaultEngine.ini' didn't force the whole package to be cooked :/. Ah well, at least there's a work-around...

Comment

A co-worker told me that by including a hard reference (myEmbeddedMovie = SwfMovie 'MyPackage.EmbeddedMovie') to a swf in script, Unreal will keep that object loaded at ALL times. So if you have an inventory menu with tons of textures, and you have a reference to that in script, then that swf and all of the textures in that package would be loaded for the entire game.

Are others under the same impression?

Comment

A co-worker told me that by including a hard reference (myEmbeddedMovie = SwfMovie 'MyPackage.EmbeddedMovie') to a swf in script, Unreal will keep that object loaded at ALL times. So if you have an inventory menu with tons of textures, and you have a reference to that in script, then that swf and all of the textures in that package would be loaded for the entire game.

Are others under the same impression?

Comment

Working...
            X