iOS realtime shadows and light shafts not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS realtime shadows and light shafts not working

When you activate realtime shadows for iOS in the december UDK you will always get only the projected faked shadows! I have set MobileModShadow to false and the DynamicShadows=True in each and every in but it remains the same faked shadows. I got realtime shadows working on my ipad2 with iOS 5.1 with the november UDK without any problem before.

Lightshafts are still not working in the december UDK. They also did not worked with the UDK versions before.

Would also be great if both could be made working in the mobile previewer so it can be really previewed with it how it will look on the device and i could finally record a video of my game with it. bloom would be great too.

What do you mean by "faked shadows"? the "realtime" shadows are dynamic, but they're still "faked" (projected). What type of shadow are you expecting?

I haven't tried lightshafts on iOS but I know someone that has them working on ipad2/4S (along with dynamic shadows & color grading).

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
      What do you mean by "faked shadows"? the "realtime" shadows are dynamic, but they're still "faked" (projected). What type of shadow are you expecting? I haven't tried lightshafts on iOS but I know someone that has them working on ipad2/4S (along with dynamic shadows & color grading).
      There is huge difference between projected shadows and realtime shadows! maybe you are familiar with decals, they get projected too, projected shadows work like that. It gets also very obvious when the projected shadows are not visible on non flat surfaces. Also realtime shadows have a resolution that you can define in the ini. When the value is low it gets blocky through les rays casted. realtime shadows can also do self shadowing which projected shadows can do obvious not.

Since when should post effects like color grading work on iOS? There was never anything in the change notes. I also have yet to see a screenshot of someone having the lightshafts working on iOS other then the Infinity blade 2 screenshots. I also tried everything to get the lightshafts to work and as i stated before the realtime shadows were no problem to get working with the november UDK.

Would be great if someone of epic could say something about the issues.

Comment

Working...
      X