UDK takes a loooong time when working on materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    So I guess no one other than myself has run into this issue with the latest versions of UDK? I've narrowed down that it has nothing to do with me migrating files from one PC to another so this just straight up seems like some process that is crippling me when doing anything material editor related (which does not happen in the current version I'm working on, Nov 2010). Yelps!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My apologies on the double post, just wasn't sure that my problem was technically an issue with UDK more so than something I wasn't doing right, (otherwise surely I would've heard of this issue already) so I decided to post on two threads...

I should have all drivers updated to my knowledge, and even though I know I have DX11, I noticed that my UDKs were running at the default DX9, so I switched it over to DX11 and I still get the crazy unbearably slow material editor :-(

As a last resort I went back to the old Nov 2010 version that I was using on my old PC and wouldn't you know it, it seems to work fine and dandy, which is great but it's kind of crappy to use a year+ old version of UDK. Eventually I may keep downloading revisions to see at what point the more recent UDK versions stop working for me, meh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please don't double post, it does not help to spread responses.

Have you updated all drivers, DirectX etc?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, this exact same package is handled super quick on my older PC, I have nothing else running in the background but UDK. This is quite troublesome :-(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's pretty odd, as it's pretty much instantaneous here, even on a laptop that isn't too far from your specifications. Only things I can suggest is to compare what other applications are running in the background.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yikes, just d-loaded UDK Dec 2011 version and I STILL get the same issue, it even happens when I try to create a new material from scratch, takes forever, not cool :-( My specs are:

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium SP1
    Intel Core i7 3930K Processor (6x 3.20GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 900MHz - Single Card
    8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module

If anyone can point me toward a solution I'd much appreciate it since I have time off to actually work on my UDK goodness during the holiday break :-I

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What are your computer specifications?

Leave a comment:

• UDK takes a loooong time when working on materials

Just got a new PC, impressive stat wise, moved some assets I was working on from my older computer using UDK Nov 2010 to my new one using UDK Nov 2011.

One big issue I can't seem to solve is that whenever I double click on any of my materials, it takes about 5 minutes to open up the material editing window, then any time I want to link or add a node it also takes several minutes, this is something that should be instantaneous.

I don't know if it's something I didn't do right when migrating from one PC to the other or what but any help would be extremely appreciated, thanks guys!

-Alexander-
Working...
X