No announcement yet.

Mouse Freezing Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been running into the same issue while trying to learn UDK. Needless to say it's become a real nuisance, combined with the learning curve.

4 times in the past 20 minutes, Nov '12 build, Win7 64.

Comment

Still occurring on my end. I has happened across two separate computers, and multiple builds. Every once in awhile I can unlock it either by trying alt+f4 and hitting cancel, shifting in and out of geometry mode after right clicking, and sometimes magically. I will try to look in to creating a ticket to epic since this is a MAJOR problem. I can't really do much work if my mouse is locked up :S

Comment

ragebump

FIX THIS (for yesterday)

Comment

Exactly the same issue here. Full on lock of the cursor, until I close udk.exe.

Comment

I found a temporary solution to release the cursor which works for me. I use Ctrl + Z (Undo Shortcut) which always unlocked the cursor for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chris2307 View Post
              I found a temporary solution to release the cursor which works for me. I use Ctrl + Z (Undo Shortcut) which always unlocked the cursor for me.
              Thanks for posting your temp solution - Ctrl + Z works for me most of the time but unfortunately I still have the occasional freeze where I have to randomly hit all mouse buttons along with the Esc key to get my cursor unlocked. Fortunately I've always been able to get it unstuck (never been totally locked out) but it can take a minute or 2 of messing around.

This issue has been happening to me a couple of times a day now, so it's a real hassle. If Epic needs any system info from me I'd be happy to share because I'd LOVE this to be fixed.

Comment

purging
                your message to at least 10 characters.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marineuac View Post
                  old thread but the real fix for this is just window key [ATTACH=CONFIG]11924[/ATTACH]
                  scroll mouse all the way down (even if you dont see it), then click on taskbar

works everytime
                  *reviving thread*

this doesnt work buddy. Still freezes every 20 minutes. Only solution is a pc restart.

Comment

I found a quick solution that seems to work for me.
                    When the mouse cursor locks up or freezes due to opening the Geometry Tools window, do the following: press ctrl+Tab at the same time on your keyboard and then while holding ctrl, press Tab until you get to ReferencedAssetsBrowser. That seems to free up the frozen mouse cursor. There are probably a few other menus you could land on that would work as well but that one usually works for me.

Yofreetime

Comment

Originally posted by yofreetime View Post
                      I found a quick solution that seems to work for me.
                      When the mouse cursor locks up or freezes due to opening the Geometry Tools window, do the following: press ctrl+Tab at the same time on your keyboard and then while holding ctrl, press Tab until you get to ReferencedAssetsBrowser. That seems to free up the frozen mouse cursor. There are probably a few other menus you could land on that would work as well but that one usually works for me.

Yofreetime
                      I made an account here to say I had this problem and this works as a temporary solution. Would be nice for a real fix but it looks like this problem has been happening for years.

Comment

I can confirm that this happens to me. Extremely annoying. I searched on Google and found this thread. Glad I'm not the only one.

For me, hitting alt+f4 to save and exit works. It's annoying but at least I can exit and save my work, then get back into the editor.

This is a real game breaker, I had this happen to me today about 5 times since I started editing levels for my game. I used an earlier version from about 2 years ago and never had this issue.

Comment

YAY I found a solution!
                          My mouse froze, so I used keyboard to google for a solution and found this thread. After reading it, I returned to UDK, closed the brush edit mode (was it esc or shift+2? I think it was shift+2), and thenn I pressed shift+2 to open brush mode again. And my mouse worked again!

Comment

Originally posted by Graveljaw View Post
                            YES, I'm having the same WORK STOPPAGE issue; which is seriously impacting my bottom line. (Self employed, indy developer trying to ship a product within a few weeks) PLEASE FIX THIS.

Win 7 x64, Explorer mouse and Kensington mouse have same issues. Standard Win7 drivers and updated mouse drivers. Same issues persist. - Mouse can click and move within the window it became"trapped" in and no other apps will respond to the mouse. Kill UDK from task manager and restart.

-BECAUSE CTRL+S doe NOT save - ANY WORK IS LOST.

Part 2 would be a request to remove Ctrl+S and make it actually SAVE. If this is possible through configuration, please direct me to the documentation.
                            Having the same issue Windows 7/64 nvidia drivers 2013/07 UDK DX9 version in 2013/02 no problems with freeze up my problem is not only a freeze up but cursor disappears completely not only from editor but entire screen have to use task master to escape

Comment

Hey guys! Im not sure if its only me. But I found a permanent solution to my problem. I updated to windows 8.1. No problems at all.
                              When I first found UDK. I was running the 8.1 update. And I had no problems. Then my laptop was running slow, so I decided to reboot it to the factory settings. Windows 8. And I had the problem for the first time ever. I thought it was a problem that could be solved somehow through the program itself but its a windows problem apparently, so I updated to 8.1 and it never happened again. I have no issues at all anymore

Comment

Had this problem today for some reason (never happened before).

yofreetime's fix worked. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X