August lighting query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August lighting query

Hi all I normally use a simple 'point' light if doing something small then adding a 'lightmassheight' volume.

But I noticed in my log file something about 'production lighting' while in-game mode it seems fine so can someone give me a little information on what its refering to.

So is there anything I need to know about this? Currently been testing Udk for a while, this message has confused me a little, maybe could help me in the long run with designing stuff.

On your top menue bar there should be a button for light quality settings (close to "build all"). There you can switch between different quality levels and "production lighting" is the highest. It is the one you want to use if you´re done with level building and everything. For basic testing it is usually enough to have it switched to "preview lighting" and just ignore the log message. It takes a lot longer to always render with production lighting but usually everything should look a bit crisper and nicer when you do.

Comment

Found it, thanks for the help, also hopefully makes things look a little better but stuck with Directx9 at moment.

Also I'm suddenly having problems with lighting where everything is now black even with proper lighting there.

Comment

Working...
      X