Exporting packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting packages

I'm trying to export a package and i'm having problems with the "Export each package to a single file?" feature. If i choose Yes for this question, UDK crashes. If i choose No, it manages to export the contents of my package just fine.

You don't export and import packages, you export and import the contents of the packages. To use a package, just move it to your content folder.

Comment

Why is the option available then? Crashing is "normal"?

Comment

You do not have an option to export package, you have the option to bulk export the contents of a package, it will crash if your package contains files that cannot be exported.

If you want all the contents of a package, just copy the package. It's what a package is, a container of all your files.

The editor is a gradual work in progress since Unreal Engine 1, there's legacy features all over the place. It is no longer intended to be used most likely, or to be used by UE3 license holders that can customize the engine.

There is no need to start a thread on every nuance of the same question by the way, it could easily been kept in the same thread and kept different people from answering the same question over again.

Comment

Working...
        X