Dynamic static meshes disappearing when touched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic static meshes disappearing when touched

Okay, so when I import my static mesh w/ custom collision it works fine, perfectly normal collison, etc.

However, I need it to move around when the player bumps into it, so then I check "Can Become Dynamic".
    At first everything looks fine, but when testing the level, bumping into the mesh causes it to disappear into thin air. Shots pass right through the mesh.
    I've tried many other options like constant-collision, but I get the same result.

Testing this on several pre-packaged UDK assets yeilds weird results. Some work as expected, and fall over and get moved around by shots, etc., and others have the same problem and disappear.

Does anyone know what is happening? Is there any way to fix this?

If so, please alert me: n3wtxx@gmail.com

I'm actually experiencing this sort of problem too- Made very simple box meshes, can shoot the meshes and they do react but it seems to be random luck whether or not they 'stay' or instantly vanish from the scene (Often seems like the second they 'settle' on the ground is when they vanish). They always react to bullets yet the player can still walk straight through them without any collision. Tried adding the collisions in Studio Max and just using the collision generation within UDK itself, get the same results both times.

Any help would be good, cheers.

Comment

That sounds like a weird and unuasal way to make object dynamic.

Sounds like what you need is either a kActor or a InterpActor.

Comment

Tried with KActor too- same issue.

Comment

more precisely. problems of collision?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4XxZjWqWak

hopefully this will help,i had a lot of issues with collision and i finally found a little tip that works just great.
            dont judge the quality of the video lol it was rushed to get it out there for people

Comment

Are you sure the meshes aren't just touching the KillZ and being destroyed? Check where the KillZ is in the world properties.

Comment

Working...
              X