Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE3Redist

Hello.

I've recently noticed that I have under the Control Panel/Uninstall programs a program called UE3Redist. Nowhere on the internet could I find anything specific about it. The more interesting thing is that I cannot remove/uninstall it. Right click is inactive, doesn't work - when I right click on the program nothing happens/appears. How can I remove it?

So, no one can tell me how to uninstall that program?

Comment

As far as I'm aware, it is not an application. It's probably something which handles installing correct versions of the relevant microsoft redistributables that are required to get the game to work as expected.

Comment

OK, how do I remove it from control panel? And I searched to find the file but it was no where to be seen.

Comment

UE3Redist is an installer that installs all necessesary programs to run UE3 games. If you remove it, you will break your game if you try to distribute it.

The uninstall-programs list tends to add random .exes that aren't actually programs once in a while. That's why you cannot uninstall it.

It will do nothing on it's own.

Comment

I've never needed something like this to play all my games regardless of what engine they use. And now I have it under control panel and can't do **** to remove it. Right click doesn't work, double-click also and there's no uninstall button appearing if I click on it.

Comment

It's built into the game installer. They install things like that all the time.

If it's under the control panel, but there's not any actual file then you can just ignore it. It doesn't do anything.

As I said, you cannot uninstall it because it isn't an installed program.

You really shouldn't remove things you don't know what do.

Comment

Graylord is right, you don't need to remove Redist it isn't a virus it's a program that built in with Unreal Engine and UDK when you create games and send it to people they have to install the redistrutable package something like that anyway it's got something to do with Unreal Engine so there is no need to remove it,

Comment

Working...
                X