xbox controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox controller

i have udk on my pc n laptop, n on my laptop ive used the xbox controller with my builds

and im sure ive done it on my pc, but suddenly UDK isnt using the controller. its plugged in and player 1.
    is there a way i can find out if UDK has turned off controller support or something?

Works fine for me.

Comment

i know it works. and like i said it has worked for me. but i assume i must have turned something off. so i was asking if this is possible ?

Comment

Does your defaultinput.ini have your controller configs? I've updated all my builds with each sequential release since march, and my 360 controller's always worked.

Comment

ye the thing is, it used to work with this build. im wondering if there is something in windows thats changed, il have to go deeper

Comment

this is so weird, windows sees my controller. it lights up, and i can calibrate it.
            but not one of my udk's recognises it anymore :S :S

Comment

How are you connecting the controller? I used to use the wireless connector for Windows, and it just stopped working, are you sure the controller is still working? There's been driver issues before as well.

Comment

that happened to me too, it started not being fully recognized by windows, although it would make the sound of being plugged in, and when I'd press the home button it'd turn on my 360. XD

@axel: do you have custom input written in your player controller? if so, might want to make sure that your game is fully being integrated/compiled. Might want to check your ini's and make sure everything's fully there.

Comment

@darth its usb

@adf like i said, it used to work with all my UDK versions. i have 5 installed (different dates) - and suddenly known of them see it. where as they all used to

its begin plugged into a USB extender, so maybe thats faulty in some way now, il try a direct plug into the machine

Comment

hey guys, as always its a small and obvious thing - sort of - my ps2 controller was still plugged into my pc and UDK sees that first (who knew ?). so anywho, ive been playing with that and ive got a very peculiar thing - which im gna have to start a new thread about really.

to any one else with USB problems - as with all USB based problems - un plug all USB components, and see if it works then, failing that, drivers etc...

but yea the ps2 controller, on the Right Axis, Up/Down handle left and right, and Left/Right handle up and down ???!!! :S
                    and the left stick, its odd too: Up = running backwards, Down = running forwards, left and right seem correct

Comment

Working...
                    X