UDK supports SLI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK supports SLI?

If I enable SLI for UDK through the Nvidia Control Panel, I don't get better performance; it's even worse sometimes.
    Tested without smooth framerate and no vertical sync (no FPS caps), DirectX 9 mode.
    I even tried to use the Bulletstorm SLI profile, no luck.

My system specs:
    - CPU: Intel Core i7-930
    - RAM: 12 GB
    - GPU: 2x GeForce GTX460 1024MB
    - Drivers: ForceWare 285.38

As far as I know, the Samaritan demo ran with 3x GeForce GTX580.
    I also asked to someone who has 3x 480 to test SLI, same bad results.

It did for a while, but then it started causing problems so they just disabled it entirely. I'm sure you could work something out for a final game project, but probably not for just general usage.

I'm in the same boat. I've got 2x GeForce GTX 470's, but it does me no good with the UDK.

Comment

ARRRG!!

IDK why, but the new forum redesign makes me really prone to double posts

Comment

Do you know what was the last version that support it? May be i can download old build to turn it on?

Comment

It's been a long time. As far as I can remember, you'd have more luck starting at the first release and working forward than working back from current.

I seem to remember that for some people, myself included, it caused crashes in certain circumstantial even before it was removed. For me, it's caused actual full system crashes for some months before they removed it. I think they decided to just take it out completely instead of having to fix it. And I can see where they're coming from, especially if it was something they'd have to fix every month.

Comment

Originally posted by micahpharoh View Post
            ARRRG!!

IDK why, but the new forum redesign makes me really prone to double posts
            Same here man, if you use firefox and it asks you if you wan't to leave the page, just click leave page

Comment

Forcing AFR2 used to work.

I tried it again now and my FPS didn't increase while looking at my map from the sky (in fact it went slightly down with mass tearing). However, when I turned to face the sky, my FPS went from the 60 cap to 120. Not sure if that's a FRAPS reading bug with DWM and SLI or if it actually changed anything.

I guess it doesn't work anymore. Shame, used to increase FPS greatly at the cost of some visual artifacts. Not sure how people can work with the UDK when it runs quite poorly on a single GTX 460 1GB card.

Comment

Professionals use hardcore workstation graphics cards. Not many hobbyists can afford such things, however.

Comment

I have 2 GTX 460's Direct CU and both work great, never had issues with slowdowns. I've ran all unreal engine games as well with SLI and they have much better performance than one card.

Comment

From my experience, the frame rate is actually lowered when I force SLI

Comment

Intel Core i7 2600k 4ghz
                      8gb Ballistix Ram 1866
                      Fatal1ty p67 pro mobo
                      2x nvidia GTX 550 ti SLI
                      (YAY! graduation present)

SLI works perfectly for me in January build. I do, however, have weird issues with DX11.... I dont think you will really get a performance increase in the editor though.. isnt the editor mostly CPU bound?

Comment

Uhg.. Double Post

Comment

thats weird that some of yinz slow down with sli im only running 2x Nvidia 8600 GTS 256mb and it runs way faster in sli . oh and im running on 2012 -01 build

Comment

One thing to mention, when in windowed mode with any 3d application Sli generally does not work (or at least such was the case with the drivers when I had my Sli setup, I've heard rumors it may have been fixed since) as well as some cards have a powerplay feature that lowers the cards clock speeds when not in a fullscreen 3d application.

Comment

Working...
                            X