Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDK Documentation: Lerp node a mistake or correct? Confused.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Documentation: Lerp node a mistake or correct? Confused.

This is confusing, I understood for a time being as a line with alpha mask being the part of the path and A and B being points of the path that represent the texture. Where as neutral grey was half of both texture represented and 0,0 of the path being the first texture and 1,1 being the second. Like a diagonal path on a 2d coordinate system. But in the Documentation which I use to learn UDK it says that A values are tied to 1 while B values are tied to 0 (Black and White) this is completely inverted to what I previously thought and read because it's showing the inverted result? Is this normal in Linear Interpolation? For values to get inverted or is there a mistake in the documentation? I'll have to do a manual calculation as a test to see if it truly does give an inverted result but explanation of this would me most thankful.

Originally posted by Nightmare106 View Post
    This is confusing, I understood for a time being as a line with alpha mask being the part of the path and A and B being points of the path that represent the texture. Where as neutral grey was half of both texture represented and 0,0 of the path being the first texture and 1,1 being the second. Like a diagonal path on a 2d coordinate system. But in the Documentation which I use to learn UDK it says that A values are tied to 1 while B values are tied to 0 (Black and White) this is completely inverted to what I previously thought and read because it's showing the inverted result? Is this normal in Linear Interpolation? For values to get inverted or is there a mistake in the documentation? I'll have to do a manual calculation as a test to see if it truly does give an inverted result but explanation of this would me most thankful.

I did some calculations this morning and as it turns out it is a mistake. But I still feel like am very very wrong. Any ideas? I don't want to do all the research myself and dig up answers from the bottom of the web when this question can be easily answered by someone who knows their way around in UDK and field of mathematics.

Comment

Working...
    X