Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Learning udk...it's a good idea now??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning udk...it's a good idea now??

Hi to all I'm new to udk and I'm learnig it by few days ( I was unig unity before but I did not like it so much) but now I have a question..

it's a good idead to learning udk now due to UE 4 is out??

i'm making many tutorials and bought several books and videotutorials but I'm afraid I'm using my time badly ..

I'm a level designer/mapper firstly so I dont want to wast time and resources to learn something is dying...
    I'm not very good at programming so I want to study unuscript/c++ a bit but I mainly want to create my games/levels throught the use of kismet/blueprints..

So..My question is...

Can I create a complete project ( My long term objective is an adventure/horror game with rpg and survival elements) with the only use of kismet+very little scripting ( I need to create collectale objects, crafting them, inventory system,enemy behaviors, etc) or Is a better choice to jumpt directly to UE4 and support my creations with blueprints

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english...

leon

an rpg with udk will definitely require a lot of unreal script.
    ue4 could probably do it with blueprints

Comment

ok but I need a very little inventory system..not a rpg in the strict sense of the terms..

do you think can I afford that with blueprints in UE4?

is now possible after studing it of course) create a complete game project with UE4 or maybe in best to work on udk due most tutorials, project etc??

is there a way and a place where I can downlaod UDK shooreel demo project so I can open them into udk editor and use them to my learinng pourposes ???

Comment

do you think can I afford that with blueprints in UE4?
        There's already tuts showing inventory system with blueprints, scaleform takes a lot of time to master, wich is the only aviable tool wich would grant you the fastest results in a short amount of times, but games don't understand of small amounts of time, unless they are as tiny as pong : ).

Comment

So Unrealscript is harder than C++? This is why Blueprint is better than Kismet for example? I thought Blueprint was better because it offered more freedom, more customization and C++ runs faster than UScript since UScript is a higher level language based on C++?

Comment

Right now UE4 is quite buggy and has a number of issues. UDK has tons of documentation and tutorials available and you can pretty much get whatever you need done in faster time. Just my two cents worth

Comment

Working...
            X