Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Change Player Mesh via Kismet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Player Mesh via Kismet

Hello everybody

I made a tutorial on how to change player skeletal mesh in-game when pressing a button. Please check my blog for the tutorial.

Link: http://unrealxeditor.wordpress.com/2...sh-via-kismet/

I hope its helpful.

Great Tutorial Pal, thanks for posting it , i'm sure it willl be helpful to many others

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
      Hello everybody

I made a tutorial on how to change player skeletal mesh in-game when pressing a button. Please check my blog for the tutorial.

Link: http://unrealxeditor.wordpress.com/2...sh-via-kismet/

I hope its helpful.
      I did this over a year ago

Comment

Originally posted by reinrag View Post
        Great Tutorial Pal, thanks for posting it , i'm sure it willl be helpful to many others
        Thanks mate

Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
        I did this over a year ago
        You did??...Sorry i didnt knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
          Thanks mate

You did??...Sorry i didnt knew that.

No need to apologise my friend.There's plenty of room for us all in the tutorial world

Comment

Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
            No need to apologise my friend.There's plenty of room for us all in the tutorial world
            Thanks for that friendly comment my friend

Comment

Don't mean the bump this, by ChangePlayerMesh didn't appear in my kismet. I put the class in Scr/MyMod/Classes and compiled it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinamori View Post
                Don't mean the bump this, by ChangePlayerMesh didn't appear in my kismet. I put the class in Scr/MyMod/Classes and compiled it.
                Did you add MyMod in your INI File? Take a look here: http://udkc.info/index.php?title=UDK/Configure

Comment

Thanks, it helped me!
                  As it's a tutorial, you should maybe add this:

in code, make sure you put your type of controler if it's not UTPlayerController, by replacing it at the 2 positions in the code.

If you don't extend UTPlayerController in your own controler you won't get any errors but in game it won't replace the skeletalmesh and it will be said "YourPawn has no handler"... The lin is quite hard to find between these 2 at first sight.

This way your tutorial could even be used by noobs!

Comment

How do i change only one piece of armor in a modular pawn? If anyone bothers answering. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X