Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Best tutorials for udk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tutorials for udk

Hi...I am new to UDK...I downloaded all of the tutorials from 3d buzz and referred some of the youtube tutorials....But i still could not start with the basics...I want a develop a simple game....that looks like this...

but i have no idea where to start and i am kinda stuck in the basic udk template...please tell me where i can start with to achieve like this...i have a medium knowledge in 3ds max,z brush and photoshop....!! A reply would be really appreciated!

Take a look at the devopment kit gems. there are a few, starter kits, that might help you:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DevelopmentKitGems.html

Have you done the Jazz Jackrabbit tutorial?

Comment

yea...i watched the video...but still couldn't get the idea...where to get started...i don't want to go pretty intense !

Comment

you shouldn´t just wath the tutorial, try to do them, even if it is not wat you want in your game it will help with your understanding of UDK.

Comment

For me this British chap has one of the best FREE online resources available for making UDK based games. http://www.youtube.com/user/lexlutho...ture=g-all-bul

He deserves a pint!

You will need to know some uScript if your planning to do this by yourself.

Comment

Thanks for the link...let me check it...and i'm in the basic stage..so i can start learning some unreal scripts...

Comment

Good good, I have some tutorials too but they are pretty specific (custom characters and animation workflows).. Learn some scripts but more importantly learn how it works so that you can adapt to any mechanic you wish to implement. This isn't an easy feat and does require lots of time and dedication.

Comment

start with the udk basics then move on, my youtube channel

Comment

3D Buzz are good tutorials, but actually "follow" the tutorials don't just watch them, you learn from experience. You will forget information fast if you just watch the videos. Another good site for UDK tutorials is thenewboston.com, and eat3D(not free).

Comment

Originally posted by darthwilson View Post
                    For me this British chap has one of the best FREE online resources available for making UDK based games. http://www.youtube.com/user/lexlutho...ture=g-all-bul

He deserves a pint!

You will need to know some uScript if your planning to do this by yourself.
                    Thanks my friend, I was just about to mention my tutorials in this thread when I noticed your comment..A pint would be lovely

Comment

Working...
                    X