Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Inside the Scorpion - Scripting your own vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there Quick Question! When I try to put my vehicle into the map it shows in UDK but when i play the game it doesn't show! Also! When I try to input it into ActorFactory vehicle and select my Tankcontent. It freezes. Think you would know of anything?

Comment

Thanks tegleg!

Totally missed that there was a part 2, will take a look at it when I get home from work.

Comment

HEy, Tegleg...I used the sorpion as a template abd when I try to test my vehile (its still wip), it doesnt spawn. WHen I place the vehicle factory on the map, I can see the skeletal mesh, but when I play, theres nothing there.

Comment

place the vehicle, not the factory.

Comment

Hi Tegleg..
            Thanks for the tutorial dude, it's really really awesome..
            I played with all the variables in defaultproperties as u suggested above except for "MinHardTurnSpeed=99999.0"
            I couldn't find 'MinHardTurnSpeed' in UTVehicle_Scorpion. : (

Now I used my custom car based on the scorpion code (I deleted functions that I think I dont need), but I got a problem. My custom car only have three sound effects which are CollisionSound, EnterVehicleSound and ExitVehicleSound.
            My custom car doesn't have any sound while accelerating, no looping engine sounds etc as I don't know how to set them :'(
            I want to make my car sounds like ur car in unwheel.
            Could u please me tell me how to set the sounds effect for custom car?

Comment

Nevermind, I got the answer, geodav posted about it a long time ago (2010.. )

Comment

hello, do you have any usefull links on how to setup vehicle for udk?

Comment

what more do you need?
                  between me, geodav and other peeps i think everything is covered.

Comment

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
                    what more do you need?
                    between me, geodav and other peeps i think everything is covered.
                    bones and proper rig

Comment

everything you need for bones and rigging in either 3ds max or blender is here
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/ut40kgeodav/videos
                      there are also maya tutorials all over the place if you use that, heres one on here even
                      http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ehicle-In-Maya

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Hello there Tegleg!,

I have created the 'MyCar' files by doing the same thing with a Manta.
                          I want to specify the vehicle to move along a loftspline path.
                          I have managed to specify the SkeletalMeshComponent of the manta in my code but cannot figure out how to make this a manta vehicle that I can operate.
                          Firstly I had:

Begin Object Class=SkeletalMeshComponent Name=MeshComp0
                          SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'VH_Manta.Mesh.SK_VH_Mant a'
                          End Object
                          Components.Add(MeshComp0)

in my defaultproperties and that works fine.
                          I am trying to find out how to make it a vehicle I can get into rather than just the mesh,
                          The best I have is naming the mesh SVehicle:

defaultproperties
                          {
                          fspeed=10;

Begin Object Class=SkeletalMeshComponent Name=SVehicleMesh
                          Translation=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-70.0) //lowers the vehicle slightly
                          End Object

Components.Add(SVehicleMesh)

}

which animates the skeletal mesh fine again, but I need to be able to get into the vehicle.
                          As mentioned I have made the MyCar files but don't really know how to make references to them to assign the vehicle properties to the mesh.

Would it be easier to take the mesh then assign it custom properties from scratch?

I am going to make it a 1st person view for this project but would like to know how to do this for the future so I can toggle between default vehicle camera and custom vehicles (for which I will be following your camera tutorials!).

Saying that, Is there a way to animate the player when they have been spawned instead of a vehicle mesh, just out of curiosity.

Many thanks for your time tegleg!
                          I Hope to be making my own tutorials sometime soon!

89FIREFLIGHT

Comment

if you had done what the tutorial said to do, but replaced scorpion***** with manta***
                            it would be a vehicle you can enter.

look for the skelital mash in the defaultproperties and replace with your own mesh and physics asset ect

Comment

Ok thanks tegleg, I will do that and post back
                              89FIREFLIGHT

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok,
                                I managed to make UTVehicleFactory_MyCar allow me to enter the vehicle and everything works fine there.

Now I am trying to specify the vehicle as an object to move along a series of loftSplines,
                                I had a bit of trouble but sorted the code out and ended up with this:

defaultproperties
                                {
                                fspeed=5;

Begin Object Class=SkeletalMeshComponent Name=SVehicleMesh
                                PhysicsAsset=PhysicsAsset'VH_Manta.Mesh.SK_VH_Mant a_Physics'
                                MorphSets[0]=MorphTargetSet'VH_Manta.Mesh.VH_Manta_MorphTarget s'
                                Translation=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-35.0)
                                End Object

Components.Add(SVehicleMesh)

Begin Object Class=CylinderComponent Name=CollisionCylinder
                                CollisionHeight=+40.0
                                CollisionRadius=+100.0
                                End Object

VehicleClassPath="AwesomeGame.UTVehicle_MyCar_Cont ent"
                                }

in the default properties section of my splinemover code.
                                The compiler gives a warning and says it cannot find the vehicle class path but also says that it looked within the splinemover code file for some reason, instead of 'AwesomeGame.UTVehicle_MyCarContent'
                                I have no idea why??

Anyway the result is that the Manta mesh is animating like it did when I just specified the SkeletalMeshComponent.
                                It feels close...

89FIREFLIGHT
                                p.s. i dont know why there are gaps in manta and other words its fine before i post it

Comment

Working...
                                X